Just For Once, Can The Club Cut The Cheese On Sunday, Please

I think Don't look back in anger would be a much better anthem for us. I am fed up with Bluemoon to be honest. It worked when we were languishing in the lower leagues. I also don't like the current trend for singing songs about ex players. It seems strange when we are watching one of the greatest sides in history to keep singing about Zabba and Ya Ya (no matter how much I love them) We need to support the current team. The best club anthem in the world in my view is Hibs' fans Sunshine on Leith which is magnificent. I wish we had something as good as that.
A song that lasts longer than about 10 seconds as well which the version of bluemoon they play is. Sounds great for a verse of slow Bluemoon, but as soon as it starts going all fast and dance version, it just completely stops. Don't look back in anger would be a cracking shout, but no doubt we'd find a way of making it shit. Personally i love hey jude, think its easy for everyone to join in, is slow and keeps going and sounds great.

Also agree about about all the songs on ex players. Just hope Sunday doesn't turn into 90 minutes of people trying to sing about Dzeko and Gerrard slipping.

A song that lasts longer than about 10 seconds as well which the version of bluemoon they play is. Sounds great for a verse of slow Bluemoon, but as soon as it starts going all fast and dance version, it just completely stops. Don't look back in anger would be a cracking shout, but no doubt we'd find a way of making it shit. Personally i love hey jude, think its easy for everyone to join in, is slow and keeps going and sounds great.

Also agree about about all the songs on ex players. Just hope Sunday doesn't turn into 90 minutes of people trying to sing about Dzeko and Gerrard slipping.
I think Don't look back in Anger sums up our Mancunian identity better and has become very symbolic since the Arena bombing. It would be unique to us. Bluemoon was only adopted in 1990 after we won our first away match in 42 attempts live on TV at Aston Villa. It had been sung before but never with such gusto as that match when we must have had 8000 plus away fans in the stadiium. I think either Peter Reid or Howard Kendall had said before the game we only win away "once in a bluemoon" so it became a thing. As the bad run continued our away followings got bigger and bigger. It became a badge of honour. So the Bluemoon song tradition is only 30 years old anyway

Being saying that for years. If we’re going to continue with blue moon make it a proper song that doesn’t fade after the first line. It’s small time.
The Marcels version is a bit too fast, but here it is with the lyrics. The chorus, first verse and chorus repeat should be sung. Imagine that, would be excellent.

Just let the atmosphere happen, let it be organic and it would be wonderful. Clubs are too busy trying to tell the crowd what to do and think before a game and end up treating us like toddlers trying to keep us entertained and our minds off straying from the path.

I have been to watch City many times, usually to see the annual slaughter of my team & I think City do a pretty good good job of the pre-match, with the notable exception of the speeding up version of blue moon which, in my opinion, manages to stop the singing dead as soon as the speeding up starts & is a complete atmosphere killer.

Hope you absolutely smash the seals on Sunday btw.

The Marcels version is a bit too fast, but here it is with the lyrics. The chorus, first verse and chorus repeat should be sung. Imagine that, would be excellent.

That’s such a bobbins song!

Sorry, that should be, a bob bodda bob ba bob badda bob bang badda bang a bing di bong boo bobbins song.

BLUEMOON is our song but not that stupid version the club play but the real Blue Moon.
Don’t look back in anger doesn’t make sense because why would we be looking back in anger? Why would we have anger?

IMHO

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.