Just heard a Dembele rumour

The only way I can see this making any sense is if the plan was:

Defensive midfielders - Fernandinho, Jorginho.
Attacking midfielders/ 8's - Gundogan, Silva, KDB, Foden.
Wide options - Mahrez, Sané, Sterling, Bernardo.

and losing out on a defensive midfield signing has lead to -

Defensive midfielders - Fernandinho, Gundogan.
Attacking midfielders/ 8's - Silva, KDB, Bernardo, Foden.
Wide options - Mahrez, Sané, Sterling, Dembele.

However it really doesn't make much sense to me, our current wing options are more than good enough, it'd make us a very top heavy squad and probably cost near £100m as well.

I do hope United don't get him though, his got absurd amounts of potential, and with Mourinho probably leaving this season, I wouldn't want a good coach coming in and inheriting him.

The only way I can see this making any sense is if the plan was:

Defensive midfielders - Fernandinho, Jorginho.
Attacking midfielders/ 8's - Gundogan, Silva, KDB, Foden.
Wide options - Mahrez, Sané, Sterling, Bernardo.

and losing out on a defensive midfield signing has lead to -

Defensive midfielders - Fernandinho, Gundogan.
Attacking midfielders/ 8's - Silva, KDB, Bernardo, Foden.
Wide options - Mahrez, Sané, Sterling, Dembele.

I get depth but 3 of the 4 wingers play predominantly on the same side of the pitch, and the two attacking midfielders who could play winger would also play on that same side. Can't see this Dembele rumor. Maybe if Sterling leaves next summer but no way this week IMO.

I get depth but 3 of the 4 wingers play predominantly on the same side of the pitch, and the two attacking midfielders who could play winger would also play on that same side. Can't see this Dembele rumor. Maybe if Sterling leaves next summer but no way this week IMO.

Demebele and Mahrez are both completely able to play both sides, Sané was almost always a RW the season we bought him. The "side" of the wingers would not be an issue. Of all the reasons this is unlikely to happen (of which there are loads), I would put money on that not being one.

Demebele and Mahrez are both completely able to play both sides, Sané was almost always a RW the season we bought him. The "side" of the wingers would not be an issue. Of all the reasons this is unlikely to happen (of which there are loads), I would put money on that not being one.

I agree that we wouldn't fork out the money right now as that isn't really a position of need.

Like I said, I can only see this next summer if Sterling leaves. Then I'd imagine we'll be looking at Dembele, Chiesa, and some others.

We can always move Mahrez to the middle. :)

Yeh, I have been thinking we're a little light in attacking midfield with only Silva, KDB, Gundogan, Bernardo and Foden as options.

Maybe Mahrez to pivot?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.