Just Newcastle between us....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jumanji said:
I hope Micah plays. He got a lot of joy down that flank against Newcastle last time around.

I think he's a cert to start on Sunday.

I also have a feeling that Milner will start on Sunday as we will approach the game similar to the derby at Old trafford. Nasri can be brought on fresh later in the game should we need a bit of inspiration.

Kompany will have Cisse ALL DAY. Ben Arfa is the danger man for me.

After last night's win against Chelsea, Newcastle are gonna be so up for it. Please don't let us lose this title now, the rags won't slip up if they get another chance. Win this game on Sunday City Plllleeeeeaaaaasssseeee

Have to admit this race has got the better of me and I see nothing but disappointment on Sunday.

Call it years of conditioning, seeing us fail to turn up at other must-wins aways such as Everton, Stoke, Swansea and Arsenal.

I don't doubt that we can score, but I expect we will need at least three to win it.

I hope the Newcastle players also feel that extra pressure of being a one-team town, a little fatigue from last night.

However, if I'm honest with myself, usually a draw would be a great result up there, but we know that's not going to be enough.

Yaya, Sergio, Tevez, Hart and Kompany will have to play the game of their lives I fear.

Jumanji said:
I hope Micah plays. He got a lot of joy down that flank against Newcastle last time around.

no way. mancini will play the same back 4.

the only one change i can see is perhaps starting de jong instead of silva.

If we don't win the league now then we are going to find it so hard come this time next season.

This time next season there will be more teams challenging for the title with everyone spending and we really need to have that winning mentality, the players know that in beating newcastle that is really 75% done because QPR at home with opportunity to pick the title up after the 90 mins if you win should be a give me IMO.

Newcastle are having an unbelievable season scoring lots of goals and winning lots of games, we have the better team and our quality really needs to shine now.

My worries for Sunday are Cisse and the possibilty of our poor away form returning!!

BELIEVE!!

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Have to admit this race has got the better of me and I see nothing but disappointment on Sunday.

Call it years of conditioning, seeing us fail to turn up at other must-wins aways such as Everton, Stoke, Swansea and Arsenal.

I don't doubt that we can score, but I expect we will need at least three to win it.

I hope the Newcastle players also feel that extra pressure of being a one-team town, a little fatigue from last night.

However, if I'm honest with myself, usually a draw would be a great result up there, but we know that's not going to be enough.

Yaya, Sergio, Tevez, Hart and Kompany will have to play the game of their lives I fear.

I'm a bit apprehensive about this game, but not quite that pessimistic!

Newcastle are a good side and, Wigan aside, are in good form.

With them needing to win and having home advantage it is going to be tough, but we're in good form ourselves and have a superior side.

Plus, we've won 8 of our last 10 games against Newcastle (the other two were draws). As someone else said, I'd much rather be playing them than, say, Everton away.

Ric said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

I'm a bit apprehensive about this game, but not quite that pessimistic!

Newcastle are a good side and, Wigan aside, are in good form.

With them needing to win and having home advantage it is going to be tough, but we're in good form ourselves and have a superior side.

Plus, we've won 8 of our last 10 games against Newcastle (the other two were draws). As someone else said, I'd much rather be playing them than, say, Everton away.

Now you see, I would much prefer to be playing Everton.

They have little goal threat outside of Jelavic. Newcastle can score from various areas outside of the front two.

We all know we have superior players, but results have shown elsewhere, that is sometimes not enough.

The only thing in our favour, in terms of the right tempo and intensity, is we know we need to win, regardless of Newcastle's own situation.

I would probably drop Silva, bring Milner in to match the legs of Tiote and free Yaya further up.

And that man Mario can still play his part!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.