Just Newcastle between us....

Status
Not open for further replies.
mancboy123 said:
It is frightening how little some people think of our own team, yes newcastle are good but they are fifth, yes they have lost just 2 at home all season but have drawn with the likes of wolves, yes they got a win last night against chelsea but that was against a chelsea side without its first choice centre backs and making six chages and with one eye on a cup final and they still relied on a couple of goals that he probably couldnt replicate if he tried a 1000 times. This is the same newcastle who shipped five to spurs and four to wigan, this is the same newcastle who we beat comfortably at home, this is the same newcastle who the vast majority of people tipped for relegation.

Yes they are having an outstanding season and we certainly should respect that they are but if we are giving their players respect lets show a bit to ours shall we, lets show respect to a striker who has scored 29 goals this season in his first season in english football lets show respect to a midfielder who has more assists than anyone in the league, lets show respect to a midfield powerhouse who runs past people as if they aint there, lets show respect to a defense who is the best defense in the premier league and lets show respect to a keeper that is more than likely going to take the golden gloves again.

Respect them certainly, fear them certainly not, they should be as worried about us and respect us just as we do them.

Absolutely spot on.

They are a quality side, hats off to Alan Pardew for what he has been able to do with them, a strong contender for manager of the season IMO (to think, Geordies were not happy campers when he was hired :D ).

That being said, lose or draw is not an option. We have fucking battled our way back into contention, and to let them fuckers have a sniff of the title now would be worse than them being 8 points clear a few weeks ago and romping away with it.

I trust in Bob to get the job done.

This season is turning out remarkably similar to the last.
For Emirates away 2012, read Anfield away 2011.
A wretched performance, the loss of one of our main strikers and all looked lost in terms of achieving our goals — Champions League qualification and/or a trophy last year, the title this.
The media vultures and indeed, many among our own support, were doubting the manager's future.
But importantly, Mancini and the team held their nerve better than the supporters.
A nerve-racking but fully deserved 1-0 victory over United set us up for a final charge which saw us finish like a train, ending up with goals achieved, glory and the most memorable season most blues had experienced for generations. Grown men in tears, myself included.
We are seeing history repeating itself, and that's before the 1968 omens of Newcastle away and United having to play Sunderland.
I have full confidence in this team and this manager to deliver. I believe this is our year and our title.

Guys
Do we want to just win the league or do we want to be Champions?
If we are just slightly less mediocre than the other teams and hence finish first, is that so much to get excited about?
If this is to mean anything it has to be that our team is a Champion team.
I believe they are.
I believe they are gonna whup those Geordies - and that there is no need to whine like a load of little bitches about how those nobodies are going to overcome Silva, Aguero, Yaya etc.
If we can't beat them, we aren't Champions, so what does it matter if we don't win the league?
We know we are better than our 2 final opponents - we know we are going to show it.
We are not typical City anymore - get the message - during the game at Wembley last May I did not think for one second we weren't going to win. I feel the same this time.
Our day is come.
And if we can't win these games, we are only losing a name we don't deserve.
Up and at 'em City!

mancboy123 said:
... yes they got a win last night against chelsea but that was against a chelsea side without its first choice centre backs and making six chages and with one eye on a cup final...
Sorry, but Chelsea needed to win badly last night. Only Ashley Cole was rested. The rest of the squad participated. Don't under-estimate how impressive that result was for Newcastle. Let us hope it won't happen again.

lionheart said:
mancboy123 said:
... yes they got a win last night against chelsea but that was against a chelsea side without its first choice centre backs and making six chages and with one eye on a cup final...
Sorry, but Chelsea needed to win badly last night. Only Ashley Cole was rested. The rest of the squad participated. Don't under-estimate how impressive that result was for Newcastle. Let us hope it won't happen again.

I thought there was 6 changes to the Chelsea team last night?

Forzacitizens said:
lionheart said:
mancboy123 said:

I thought there was 6 changes to the Chelsea team last night?
This was the line up from last night

Cech, Bosingwa, Ivanovic, Terry, Bertrand, Ramires, Mikel, Meireles, Sturridge, Torres, Malouda

lionheart said:
mancboy123 said:

So you dont think Drogba, Mata or Lampard would be in Chelsea's first 11 to name just a few?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.