Just Newcastle between us....

Status
Not open for further replies.
levets said:
Graceyboy said:
I would hate it if we win at Newcastle, then Swansea beat the scum meaning we win the league before the QPR game. I want to be able to celebrate during or at the end of the QPR game, not 2 or 3 hours after our game this weekend when all us blues are not together.

What the fuck! Are you serious? No surely not...

I would 'love it' if we wrapped it up before having to pay QPR

Hell yes. QPR simply being a party is the stuff of dreams at the moment: anything is possible in these last two rounds but that is the least likely although most attractive scenario. We've had enough tensions and turns of fate for one season.

omcfc said:
Graceyboy said:
I would hate it if we win at Newcastle, then Swansea beat the scum meaning we win the league before the QPR game. I want to be able to celebrate during or at the end of the QPR game, not 2 or 3 hours after our game this weekend when all us blues are not together.

Mate are you kidding? It would be our first tilte for donkeys years. I'll take it any way we can get it. And the bloody sooner the better (for the sake of my ticker)

We are 6 points and 4 goals away from a league title. We need to step up, be brave and play good football.

I would love this! would make the coach journey fucking mental plus we could gloat like fuck in town when we are back from newcastle!

fuckin hell!!! COME ON I AM CONFIDENT WE WILL WIN!! I SAID IT AFTER ARSENAL AND I STILL SAY IT TODAY! WE ARE GOING TO DO IT!!

Forzacitizens said:
Everyone's saying we're going to bottle it on Sunday

And we might but we didn't bottle it against the Rags. Our big players stepped up to the plate on Monday and they have to do so on Sunday.

Then only thing we have to fear is fear itself.

Ideal scenario, we beat Newcastle, scum lose to Swansea, meaning we're champions. QPR then turn up at ours think we're gonna take it easy but we then tear them apart with a nice 5-0. Sending that twat Hughes back where he belongs.

Why can't this be over? It is horrible. Jesus, and I thought the FA Cup Final was difficult.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Ric said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Have to admit this race has got the better of me and I see nothing but disappointment on Sunday.

Call it years of conditioning, seeing us fail to turn up at other must-wins aways such as Everton, Stoke, Swansea and Arsenal.

I don't doubt that we can score, but I expect we will need at least three to win it.

I hope the Newcastle players also feel that extra pressure of being a one-team town, a little fatigue from last night.

However, if I'm honest with myself, usually a draw would be a great result up there, but we know that's not going to be enough.

Yaya, Sergio, Tevez, Hart and Kompany will have to play the game of their lives I fear.

I'm a bit apprehensive about this game, but not quite that pessimistic!

Newcastle are a good side and, Wigan aside, are in good form.

With them needing to win and having home advantage it is going to be tough, but we're in good form ourselves and have a superior side.

Plus, we've won 8 of our last 10 games against Newcastle (the other two were draws). As someone else said, I'd much rather be playing them than, say, Everton away.

Now you see, I would much prefer to be playing Everton.

They have little goal threat outside of Jelavic. Newcastle can score from various areas outside of the front two.

We all know we have superior players, but results have shown elsewhere, that is sometimes not enough.

The only thing in our favour, in terms of the right tempo and intensity, is we know we need to win, regardless of Newcastle's own situation.

I would probably drop Silva, bring Milner in to match the legs of Tiote and free Yaya further up.

And that man Mario can still play his part!

Dropping Silva for De Jong would be making the same mistake Ferguson made against us, and would send all the wrong signals to our players and Newcastles. If Newcastle play two up top against us we'll absolutely dominate midfield without needing De Jong, and Silva Tevez Nasri and Aguero will run their back four ragged. Same team as Monday please.

M22 Blue said:
Ideal scenario, we beat Newcastle, scum lose to Swansea, meaning we're champions.

If the above happened some United fans (being as stupid as most are) would still think they have a chance due to the "technicality" (of which an apocalypse would be more likely)

hgblue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Ric said:
I'm a bit apprehensive about this game, but not quite that pessimistic!

Newcastle are a good side and, Wigan aside, are in good form.

With them needing to win and having home advantage it is going to be tough, but we're in good form ourselves and have a superior side.

Plus, we've won 8 of our last 10 games against Newcastle (the other two were draws). As someone else said, I'd much rather be playing them than, say, Everton away.

Now you see, I would much prefer to be playing Everton.

They have little goal threat outside of Jelavic. Newcastle can score from various areas outside of the front two.

We all know we have superior players, but results have shown elsewhere, that is sometimes not enough.

The only thing in our favour, in terms of the right tempo and intensity, is we know we need to win, regardless of Newcastle's own situation.

I would probably drop Silva, bring Milner in to match the legs of Tiote and free Yaya further up.

And that man Mario can still play his part!

Dropping Silva for De Jong would be making the same mistake Ferguson made against us, and would send all the wrong signals to our players and Newcastles. If Newcastle play two up top against us we'll absolutely dominate midfield without needing De Jong, and Silva Tevez Nasri and Aguero will run their back four ragged. Same team as Monday please.

Agreed. Stick with those that did the business on Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.