Just Newcastle between us....

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most relevant factors are:

1. Our defence is stronger than theirs.
2. We've had two more days rest.

They will likely score, but we should score more!

In response to people saying they would rather Utd didn't drop points and we win the league by beating QPR. I think when the league title is at stake you want to get the job done as quickly as possible, even if that means Utd dropping points at home. There's not one easy game in the Premier league, home or away and I couldn't care less how we win it, just as long as we do. At the minute I still think its up in the air because Newcastle at home is a major banana skin. Please please please, CITD

munster said:
levets said:
Vinjay said:
So many assuming this fixture will automatically be tougher than QPR. Its too simplistic to just look at a form guide and make assumptions. Leslie will care more about ruining Mancini's day than any relegation scenario.

100% correct there pal....

Think we should be hoping QPR win at the w/e and both Bolton and Bburn lose; aren't QPR then safe given their goal diff?

Most likely barring a complete miracle. The main question in this scenario will be whether Leslie's attitude translates to the players. They have no reason to be as bitter and resentful as he is.

As far as United are concerned I reckon Swansea may be the tougher game for them. If its all level going into the final day another positive thing is that Bruce isn't still at Sunderland.

Ntini77 said:
Last 10 results between the two sides:

Man City 3-1 Newcastle
Newcastle 1-3 Man City
Man City 2-1 Newcastle
Man City 2-1 Newcastle
Newcastle 2-2 Man City
Newcastle 0-2 Man City
Man City 3-1 Newcastle
Newcastle 0-1 Man City
Man City 0-0 Newcastle
Man City 3-0 Newcastle

Piece of cake...

If only things were that simple. Sadly it will not be simple, but we should hopefully have enough to beat them

The rags tried to park the bus and look where it got them. Pardew is too canny for that and anyway, they are going to have to go after the three points. Their crowd will demand it and a point for them would be useless. They'll play to their strengths and go for it.

levets said:
Vinjay said:
So many assuming this fixture will automatically be tougher than QPR. Its too simplistic to just look at a form guide and make assumptions. Leslie will care more about ruining Mancini's day than any relegation scenario.

leslie might care on a personel issue but qpr are fourth from bottom possibly lower when the fixture arrives there would be no excuse for not putting them to the sword and banging in five. by saying that we should have buried sunderland at home and we would have been 2 points clear by now 'funny game football' lets just do what we have to do at newcastle then move on to the last 90 minutes of this season, i still think there is another twist and turn yet to come lets hope its a blue twist and turn, my nerves couldnt take it but a draw at newcastl and beat qpr while united beat swansea and draw at sunderland i'd have to see the quack for medication if this happens

levets said:
Vinjay said:

I remember us playing Burnley at home - so many on here saying we can just knock up our goal difference ! Didn't work out that way.

There are no guarenteed games and we shouldn't take QPR lightly. Ideal situation is we beat Newcastle and United lose to The Swans - that way the last game will be pretty much pressure free.

Vinjay said:
munster said:
levets said:

Think we should be hoping QPR win at the w/e and both Bolton and Bburn lose; aren't QPR then safe given their goal diff?

Most likely barring a complete miracle. The main question in this scenario will be whether Leslie's attitude translates to the players. They have no reason to be as bitter and resentful as he is.

As far as United are concerned I reckon Swansea may be the tougher game for them. If its all level going into the final day another positive thing is that Bruce isn't still at Sunderland.

All completely irrelevant. United WILL win their last 2 games regardless of our results. However, to throw Hughes' determination to beat us in as a factor is silly because it will not outweigh the determination of our players, management and 48000 fans' determination to win the title should we be in a position to do so on the final day.

Win at Newcastle we win the league, don't win at Newcastle and we don't. Simple.

Matt.D said:
Vinjay said:
munster said:

All completely irrelevant. United WILL win their last 2 games regardless of our results. However, to throw Hughes' determination to beat us in as a factor is silly because it will not outweigh the determination of our players, management and 48000 fans' determination to win the title should we be in a position to do so on the final day.

Win at Newcastle we win the league, don't win at Newcastle and we don't. Simple.

we are only in this position because united couldnt win there games so how can you say they will

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.