Just Newcastle between us....

Status
Not open for further replies.
This parking the bus argument.

They wont park the bus..........Unless they score first!

This is the key for me.

We are not very good at even getting a point when we go behind away from home let alone win.

We must score first because we are very good at seeing games out.

This is Mancini's biggest cup final and he is good at winning them!

I hope for my familys sake that we win on Sunday because if we're beat im gonna be one hell of grumpy man!! Please win please win please win.

Cisse has 13 goals from 39 shots (he's also hit the woodwork a few times), that's absurd, has there EVER been such a clinical striker in one season?

Matt.D said:
Vinjay said:
munster said:
Think we should be hoping QPR win at the w/e and both Bolton and Bburn lose; aren't QPR then safe given their goal diff?

Most likely barring a complete miracle. The main question in this scenario will be whether Leslie's attitude translates to the players. They have no reason to be as bitter and resentful as he is.

As far as United are concerned I reckon Swansea may be the tougher game for them. If its all level going into the final day another positive thing is that Bruce isn't still at Sunderland.

All completely irrelevant. United WILL win their last 2 games regardless of our results. However, to throw Hughes' determination to beat us in as a factor is silly because it will not outweigh the determination of our players, management and 48000 fans' determination to win the title should we be in a position to do so on the final day.

Win at Newcastle we win the league, don't win at Newcastle and we don't. Simple.

Recent history disputes this !

Most people *knew* that United would beat Wigan, would beat Everton - but they didn't. They may well drop more points yet. I hope that doesn't matter to us either way as if we win out games we win the league without worrying about what they do.

Matt.D said:
Vinjay said:
munster said:
Think we should be hoping QPR win at the w/e and both Bolton and Bburn lose; aren't QPR then safe given their goal diff?

Most likely barring a complete miracle. The main question in this scenario will be whether Leslie's attitude translates to the players. They have no reason to be as bitter and resentful as he is.

As far as United are concerned I reckon Swansea may be the tougher game for them. If its all level going into the final day another positive thing is that Bruce isn't still at Sunderland.

All completely irrelevant. United WILL win their last 2 games regardless of our results. However, to throw Hughes' determination to beat us in as a factor is silly because it will not outweigh the determination of our players, management and 48000 fans' determination to win the title should we be in a position to do so on the final day.

Win at Newcastle we win the league, don't win at Newcastle and we don't. Simple.

Hughes was still showing his bitterness towards Mancini on Sky before the Arsenal league cup game. This was just after Gary Speed's suicide and its incredible that Hughes had Mancini on his mind at a time like that. He genuinely seemed more upset and bitter about being sacked than he was about Speed. Ruining Mancini's chances will mean everything to an egomaniac like him.

Personally I'm confident both games will be victories anyway. Just that Newcastle could well turn out to be a more comprehensive victory. Never know...

LoveCity said:
Cisse has 13 goals from 39 shots (he's also hit the woodwork a few times), that's absurd, has there EVER been such a clinical striker in one season?

Shit Pea was had a great shots to goals ratio, but because whenever he touched the ball he was only ever 4 yards out from goal, so it had a tendancy to go in. Most of Cisses goals seem to be goal of the season contenders.

madden150 said:
In response to people saying they would rather Utd didn't drop points and we win the league by beating QPR.

The people who are saying this are fucking liars

Im going to put £50 on united to win the league. returns £87 plus my money back.

A bet that I would be delighted to lose, but providing some Compensation at the very least.

Danielmanc said:
Matt.D said:
Vinjay said:

Recent history disputes this !

Most people *knew* that United would beat Wigan, would beat Everton - but they didn't. They may well drop more points yet. I hope that doesn't matter to us either way as if we win out games we win the league without worrying about what they do.

I think most of us are just accepting that we've had our luck as far as United are concerned. We needed them to lose one and draw one, then lose to us. It would be a stretch to think we would get any more favours just because teams like United rarely go on such shit poor runs.

.[/quote]

All completely irrelevant. United WILL win their last 2 games regardless of our results. .[/quote]

Why WILL they, when they have already deservedly lost to Blackburn, Wigan and assorted Swiss people this season? Fuckers have been running on empty for ages now. Their own fans have known this for a very long time, btw. They are relying on too many old men, who are getting wearier and wearier now, with every game that passes.

I hope I am not tempting fate but I've been thinking this for ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.