Just Newcastle between us....

Status
Not open for further replies.
LoveCity said:
Cisse has 13 goals from 39 shots (he's also hit the woodwork a few times), that's absurd, has there EVER been such a clinical striker in one season?

That is impressive. Someone mentions Little Pea - but I'm pretty sure his was nowhere near. Our three strikers are in the top few for strike rate, but Aguero's rate is half of Cisse's.

The big difference is that it's over three months, not a season. He's scored 13 in 12 games - when did Newcastle last see someone do that? ...about six months ago when Ba scored 14 in 13 - yet now Ba hasn't scored for 3 months.

He does look the real deal, but a lot of players burst onto the scene and score a hatful before reality hits.

bluenova said:
LoveCity said:
Cisse has 13 goals from 39 shots (he's also hit the woodwork a few times), that's absurd, has there EVER been such a clinical striker in one season?

That is impressive. Someone mentions Little Pea - but I'm pretty sure his was nowhere near. Our three strikers are in the top few for strike rate, but Aguero's rate is half of Cisse's.

The big difference is that it's over three months, not a season. He's scored 13 in 12 games - when did Newcastle last see someone do that? ...about six months ago when Ba scored 14 in 13 - yet now Ba hasn't scored for 3 months.

He does look the real deal, but a lot of players burst onto the scene and score a hatful before reality hits.

Ba's drop in form has coincided perfectly (literally, last time he scored was Cisse's debut) with the arrival of Cisse though. So he could have gone on banging them in if he'd never arrived. I doubt they're going to get another striker before next season starts, so maybe he's ok, lol.

Just a few points from a Newcastle fan.

We're at home at SJP with 50,000+ of us. If anyone should understand the advantage of being at home, then it should be you guys with your unbeaten home record but 4 draws and 5 losses on the road. We've only lost twice at home all season, and only conceded 5 goals more than you guys have at the Etihad (for those saying our defence 'isn't all that').

I'd ignore any results like Wigan and Wolves as well. We have an awful habit of vastly underestimating lower table sides, and it almost always bites us in the arse. Our game against Chelsea yesterday was a prime example. We totally underestimated Wigan and got thrashed, yet we came at Chelsea as the underdogs and won at their own ground. That's when we play our best football, when we know what to expect and have a point to prove.

As for Cisse and Ba, Ba has only stopped scoring because he's been moved out to the left to put Cisse in the middle with Ben Arfa on the right. He's sacrificed his goals to play out wide on the flank. Yesterday was the first time Ba has played in a 4-4-2 in weeks and he hit the post. Unlucky.

bluedan said:
Im going to put £50 on united to win the league. returns £87 plus my money back.

A bet that I would be delighted to lose, but providing some Compensation at the very least.

Ah, the old "misery insurance".

I was considering that a while back, but don't want to tempt fate. The lager bought with the winnings would be distinctly pyrrhic.

I currently have a soft spot for Newcastle coz her and her family all support them, it goes without saying just how well they've done this season, and pardew has worked miracles. if they deny us 3 points on Sunday, shit will hit the fan at mine,I'm a nervous wreck, come on city!!!

I've got a bad feeling about the toon. If we do get beaten, I can also see the rags losing to Swansea from being overconfident. And them losing away to Sunderland and us winning on the last day against QPR.

I suppose we cannot predict what is going to happen, just strap in and hold on for the ride.

LoveCity said:

Did Little Penis not score something like 12 goals from 15 shots last year?

Hernandez scored 13 goals from 54 shots in the league last season according to Soccernet. 10 goals from 43 shots this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.