Just Newcastle between us....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just watching Monday night again for the first time on Sky Plus.

If we play like that, and I am sure we will, what is there to worry about? Who's the better team? The Rags or Newcastle?

The lads have the bit between their teeth and will not let this go now. Just enjoy fellow Blues, we will win!

GXCity said:

If we play like that, and I am sure we will, what is there to worry about? Who's the better team? The Rags or Newcastle?

The lads have the bit between their teeth and will not let this go now. Just enjoy fellow Blues, we will win!

Well Newcastle did beat them 3-0 at home..

adrianr said:
GXCity said:

Well Newcastle did beat them 3-0 at home..

Yes but we also beat Newcastle 3 - 0 this season. They were unbeaten at the time as well.

Wolfy said:
Chappaz said:
We've only lost twice at home all season, and only conceded 5 goals more than you guys have at the Etihad (for those saying our defence 'isn't all that').

No disrespect but who are these people? You're not the first newcastle fan to come on here and say City fans are saying we'll breeze through the game. 99.9% of the City fans on here are bricking it, the remaining 0.01% is quietly optimistic.

I really do think the the geordies are making stuff up now. Pre-empting it to the point where they're picking fights with imaginary people!

They are a good team with a porous defence

1. Our defence is stronger than theirs.

(You've conceded 17 on the road, we've conceded 15 at home)

Plus quite a few more on this thread but I only bothered to check 5 pages back.

I'm not referring to the concept of you guys thrashing us, as I haven't seen that from any Man City fans personally. I'm just referring to the number of comments I've seen about you guys exploiting our weakness of defence, even though our home goals conceded record is almost as good as yours.

Not sure where the idea comes from that we have a porous defence. It's probably due to the fact that we have no big-name star defenders, even though Coloccini was named in the team of the year alongside your own Kompany.

Gonna be very tough but let's stay positive. Both teams go in to the match in fantastic form. Let's hope the blues can do it.

You have to remember Chappaz that the media would love nothing more than to build City up before a fall. They are trying to paint a picture in which all City fans are being derisive about Newcastle and think the game will be easy, which simply isn't the case. Almost every City fan will tell you that they are very aware of how good Newcastle can be at home, and are expecting a difficult encounter. Sadly this doesn't fit with the image that the media, and United fans would like to portray.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.