Just Newcastle between us....

Status
Not open for further replies.
[bigimg]http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h393/Flap-My-Jack/ManchesterCity.jpg[/bigimg]

I agree with mcfclovin88. If you look at our poor away form its been due to our inability to break teams down in those games and unable to create any chance of note. Second half of Chelsea away, West Brom away, Sunderland away, Stoke away, Swansea away, Arsenal away...we never created any chances of real note.

But our start of season form has came back in the past 4 games or so and were creating chances left right and centre again. Wolves away we could have scored 5 (yes I acknowledge wolves are shit and Newcastle will be far tougher).

The worrying thing for us is not that Newcastle have some fantastic players but they have fantastic players full of confidence and on top form. They're playing some brilliant stuff. But so are we, and I believe if we can dominate possession in this game, while creating chances, we'll win. If the game becomes open, we'll win. The only reason we won't win is if we put in a lackluster uninspiring performance where we don't deserve a goal never mind a win,as we did in a few of those fixtures I've mentioned. I'm confident the team and management won't allow that. We'll be up for this as much as Newcastle. First goal could be vital, come on City, get the job done!

Apologies as its a bit off topic - Does anyone know if they will be showing the game in city square, as i like many others were not able to get hands on a golden ticket

Chevelle said:
Newcastles defense is suspect... We have so much flair up front colocfail will not be able to stop them.

Again, why are there comments about our defence being 'weak' or 'suspect'?

We've only conceded 5 more at home than you guys have at the Etihad.

And has mentioned, Coloccini is in the team of the year alongside Kompany, so calling him 'Colocfail' is just, daft, really.

Chappaz said:
Chevelle said:
Newcastles defense is suspect... We have so much flair up front colocfail will not be able to stop them.

And has mentioned, Coloccini is in the team of the year alongside Kompany, so calling him 'Colocfail' is just, daft, really.

Like it or not N'castle have been hammered on occasion this year, that would suggest that their defence is sometimes week and suspect. Yes they do have a good defensive record but it would appear once 1 or 2 go in against them they fall apart see Wigan, Chelsea, Spurs and Fulham

Blue Hefner said:
Chappaz said:
Chevelle said:

Like it or not N'castle have been hammered on occasion this year, that would suggest that their defence is sometimes week and suspect. Yes they do have a good defensive record but it would appear once 1 or 2 go in against them they fall apart see Wigan, Chelsea, Spurs and Fulham

It isn't the goals which cause us to fall apart. We start the games with our foot off the pedal and just cause our own demise. Still don't know why it happens sometimes. But in the games against Wigan and Spurs some players were having shockers from kick off. Just didn't turn up on the day.

Believe me, if that happens against you guys we'll get battered, but I'm saying all of this on the assumption that we give 110% with 50,000 fans behind us. Certainly hope so anyway.

Chappaz said:
Blue Hefner said:
Chappaz said:

It isn't the goals which cause us to fall apart. We start the games with our foot off the pedal and just cause our own demise. Still don't know why it happens sometimes. But in the games against Wigan and Spurs some players were having shockers from kick off. Just didn't turn up on the day.

Believe me, if that happens against you guys we'll get battered, but I'm saying all of this on the assumption that we give 110% with 50,000 fans behind us. Certainly hope so anyway.

Ironically that could be N'castles down fall. Any team that has tried to attack us away from home see Utd and Spurs etc have been hammered so your fans screaming for players to get forward and run around might be N'castles undoing

N'castle will have to defend very well, put our defence under pressure when they can and hope for a bit of luck

I think N'castle will come straight out of the blocks at 100mph and hope to score early, similar to what Utd did at OT. If City can withstand that then control possession we should be fine............fingers crossed

Blue Hefner said:
Ironically that could be N'castles down fall. Any team that has tried to attack us away from home see Utd and Spurs etc have been hammered so your fans screaming for players to get forward and run around might be N'castles undoing

N'castle will have to defend very well, put our defence under pressure when they can and hope for a bit of luck

I think N'castle will come straight out of the blocks at 100mph and hope to score early, similar to what Utd did at OT. If City can withstand that then control possession we should be fine............fingers crossed

I genuinely have no idea. I just hope Pards has a master plan!

We're a well organised side, and everyone knows their role in the team, so I doubt players will be rampaging forward unless that's the plan Pardew has given them. What the big home support does do is help the side play with a lot of tempo and a lot of intensity, so we may not go all-out attacking at 100mph, but we'll certainly be playing at 100mph, if that makes sense.

We actually have a whole strategy team which analyses each opposition team and comes up with a plan (one of the many reasons why I think we've done so well this season), so I HOPE that they analyse exactly what the teams have done which have beaten you when you're on the road and then try to emulate it. I think we'll be wary of counter-attacks and being too open, so we'll probably play a bit tighter than many are expecting - Mags and Man City fans alike.

Chappaz said:
Blue Hefner said:
Chappaz said:

You're right.

But you cannot give more than 100%; it's impossible!

danburge82 said:
Chappaz said:
Blue Hefner said:

You're right.

But you cannot give more than 100%; it's impossible!

Tell that to James 'Perchinio' Perch

James%20Perch.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.