Just Stop Oil protests

Was listening to LBC earlier. I'm not sure if it was a Just stop oil protester or spokesman but they are going to ramp it up even more now. They were talking about flooding the jails with Protesters, So basically wanting to be locked up in solidarity with the guy who got 5 years. They know the prisons are at breaking point and their cause will make even more news.

Was listening to LBC earlier. I'm not sure if it was a Just stop oil protester or spokesman but they are going to ramp it up even more now. They were talking about flooding the jails with Protesters, So basically wanting to be locked up in solidarity with the guy who got 5 years. They know the prisons are at breaking point and their cause will make even more news.
80 years ago we managed to lock up half a million blokes who were a lot more dangerous than these fuck wits, this countries got more to sort than worry about these can't be beyond us to set up a secure camp and stuff em in it, with a coal stove of course to keep em warm in winter :-)

That's really intelligent thinking from them

How are they expected to get around ? You cant blame them for doing normal things , you dont have to be an angel to highlight something , greta is doing a great thing spreading the word about the way we are destroying the planet , history will remember her
Greta is a business and a very lucrative one for her and her family.

They are not going to do this at all, if they are expecting a 5 year stint you might get a few of them but anyone thinking that they are going to go to prison in droves is deluded.

They're banking on if enough of them do it they won't be jail time because there won't be enough places for them.
The ones given long sentences were the ringleaders with a fair few offences to their names already ( I think.)
There's never an easy answer or solution to these things. Ultimately I think very few things get changed by just peaceful protests. Going back the votes for women protesters were hammered for their actions at the time but ultimately won.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.