Just Stop Oil protests

They're banking on if enough of them do it they won't be jail time because there won't be enough places for them.
The ones given long sentences were the ringleaders with a fair few offences to their names already ( I think.)
There's never an easy answer or solution to these things. Ultimately I think very few things get changed by just peaceful protests. Going back the votes for women protesters were hammered for their actions at the time but ultimately won.
Giving women the vote which they should have had anyway was something the British Government could solve fairly straight forward, stopping using fossil fuels to combat climate change is something beyond the British Government and needs a world wide coalition something that ain't going to happen any time soon. The UK has done more than practically any other country so what exactly are these idiots trying to achieve by disrupting the country except boost orange paint sales.

It covers every offence and gives a min to max tariff from fine to maximum prison term
But it doesn’t answer this, which is what I posed:
If these idiots need punishing and community service is not available (highly likely as many areas have a waiting list) what choice did the judge have? The answer is none. This is one of the reasons we have over 85,000 prisoners, more or less capacity. Bonkers.

They're banking on if enough of them do it they won't be jail time because there won't be enough places for them.
The ones given long sentences were the ringleaders with a fair few offences to their names already ( I think.)
There's never an easy answer or solution to these things. Ultimately I think very few things get changed by just peaceful protests. Going back the votes for women protesters were hammered for their actions at the time but ultimately won.
Actually, the suffragette thing is a bit of a myth. Parliament had signalled willingness to legislate, but some of the women were impatient. The movement split into Suffragists, the original group, and suffragettes who decided to take direct action. Parliament reacted by saying they would not give in to violence and the legislation was delayed about twenty years.
Compare to the IRA and the requirement for them to denounce violence before the GFA was agreed. Thatcher, Major and Blair all told them that any settlement was dependent on them renouncing violence. If you remember, they were required to put their arms voluntarily out of commission as part of the GFA.

But it doesn’t answer this, which is what I posed:
If these idiots need punishing and community service is not available (highly likely as many areas have a waiting list) what choice did the judge have? The answer is none. This is one of the reasons we have over 85,000 prisoners, more or less capacity. Bonkers.
Yes it does , read the guidance .

Yes it does , read the guidance .
I give up.. It’s a common complaint of judges that they cannot do what they think is best due to lack of available facilities or resources. It is not a question of the law but of politics. The guidance cannot provide a practical answer for particular cases.

They wont commit offences in great numbers, most people actually agree with them but their tactics will deserve punishment.

I predict that they will find a new way to act like cunts, less divisive.

You must have had.it quite easy mate because your definition of abject misery is different to any I have ever heard.
Beyond abject misery and count their blessing for the judges leniancy. A stain on the very fabric of humanity!

Not to mention the wanton destruction, vandalism and lack of compasion for their fellow man traversing their daily ablutions in the name of life. Nothing but eco gangsters holding Britain and Europe to ransom. Enjoy your porridge!

Last edited:
So you think that these people deserve to go to jail for 5 years because of what someone else did inadvertently 2 years ago? Fuckin hell pmsl.

The vast majority of protesters cause minor disruption to very few people probably only once in their life times. This is not abject misery and you know it. We already have dumb and dumber mosssideblue and PPT talking over the top bollocks you really don't need to turn it into the 3 stooges:-)
How do you inadvertantly block a road to stop a grieving human being from attending their familys funeral. I too would PMSL if it wasnt so serious a subject. Twenty one months and then back out is a piss take of a sentence. Thank their lucky stars.

Last edited:
Reactions: PPT

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.