Just Stop Oil protests

Is it possible to agree with the rule of law and think that sentences are wholly disproportionate and the Tory anti-protest laws were brought in to curtail civil liberties?
Yep go against the state at your peril.
But i agree the sentences seem harsh.
Clearly there to put off as many future cressidas and ruperts as possible in the future. But then she also knew that her next offence would likely result in prison so sympathy is in short supply

The interview with the girls mum was car crash though. Bemoaning her missing her brothers wedding when her daughters actions will have caused lots of people to miss much more important appointments

Still a ridiculous ruling, I bet most of those saying it was right have never been anywhere near one of their protests and probably make a bit of money from their shares in the oil industry.

A win-win for fascism and capitalism, lose-lose for those left on the earth.

Still a ridiculous ruling, I bet most of those saying it was right have never been anywhere near one of their protests and probably make a bit of money from their shares in the oil industry.

If you break the law multiple times and specifically whilst on a suspended sentence, then I fail to see what other option the judge had.

If you break the law multiple times and specifically whilst on a suspended sentence, then I fail to see what other option the judge had.
Jail them, nothing wrong with that. 4 and 5 years though, fucking ridiculous.

The Tories changed the laws and this is what we get? All in line with them giving more powers to those who want to pollute this earth for years to come.

Bought and paid for.

This is a ridiculous statement.

Do you really think that the Just Stop Oil people are changing the world? They have damaged the climate debate more than anyone else because they're turning people away from it. The solutions will not come from these people.

At the end of the day they haven't been sent to prison for protesting. They've been sent to prison for doing something illegal whilst protesting. If you shot somebody in protest against climate change then yes you can still expect to get sent to prison for murder. Your right to protest is overriden by the fact that you did something illegal.

This is a ridiculous statement.

Do you really think that the Just Stop Oil people are changing the world? They have damaged the climate debate more than anyone else because they're turning people away from it. The solutions will not come from these people.

At the end of the day they haven't been sent to prison for protesting. They've been sent to prison for doing something illegal whilst protesting. If you shot somebody in protest against climate change then yes you can still expect to get sent to prison for murder. Your right to protest is overriden by the fact that you did something illegal.
You support it, mate. I cannot.

You will when you're the one trying to get to work and can't because somebody else thinks that their view is more important than whatever you're doing.
And what would make you protest? Congestion charge, match ticket prices tripling, forced inoculation, prohibition, brexit reversal,etc etc?
When, or if, something pisses you off enough, your right to protest won't be there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.