Just Stop Oil protests

I'm all for protests, fine. But don't be an absolute fucking whopper and stop everyday folk going about their business. Government and Oil companies. Target them.

No sympathy for those who caused chaos. Especially that Cressida lass

Someone above summed it up well. If I shoot someone while protesting, I've still broken the law!

Not for repeat offenders
One of those offenders had been kept in custody for about a month, only to be released with no charge following arrest during a slow-march. The time she was given wasn’t normal, it was ridiculous to even think this wasn’t politically and commercially driven by the previous Home Secretaries.

What next, 10 years for expressing a view that somebody doesn’t like.

Tory cunts!

And what would make you protest? Congestion charge, match ticket prices tripling, forced inoculation, prohibition, brexit reversal,etc etc?
When, or if, something pisses you off enough, your right to protest won't be there.
Not a single person has been sent to prison for protesting, I suggest you read what they were convicted of and the associated sentencing guidelines. A conviction of this type requires a jury conviction so at least 12 people agreed they had broken the law.

Like I said the exact same analogy applies in terms of law. If I punch somebody in the face to protest against something then my right to protest will not protect me from being convicted and sentenced to prison for assault.

The cost alone of their law breaking is in excess of £1m. With this in mind you would expect the Police and law to act to stop the repeat disruption. It's pretty obvious that prison is the only option which ticks this box.

One of those offenders had been kept in custody for about a month, only to be released with no charge following arrest during a slow-march. The time she was given wasn’t normal, it was ridiculous to even think this wasn’t politically and commercially driven by the previous Home Secretaries.

What next, 10 years for expressing a view that somebody doesn’t like.

Tory cunts!
Totally agree that the Tories are cunts but I have no sympathy for the 5 locked up. They had had several shots across the bows and still put two fingers up to the law of the land.

Not a single person has been sent to prison for protesting, I suggest you read what they were convicted of and the associated sentencing guidelines. A conviction of this type requires a jury conviction so at least 12 people agreed they had broken the law.

Like I said the exact same analogy applies in terms of law. If I punch somebody in the face to protest against something then my right to protest will not protect me from being convicted and sentenced to prison for assault.

The cost alone of their law breaking is in excess of £1m. With this in mind you would expect the Police and law to act to stop the repeat disruption. It's pretty obvious that prison is the only option which ticks this box.
nail on head, well said

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.