Just Stop Oil protests

Beats well it has been sunny before or coz well China. Your opinion is that it is hopeless but personally I'm glad others haven't given up so easily.
Apathy or acceptance isn't a valid excuse for me but if that's where you are at we are at a stalemate.

Least you didn't call a girl a **** though:-)
Nah i wouldn’t call anybody that, but rather than support the people who think protests like these they’re engaging in then crying about it when they finally get locked up, might be better putting their energies into looking for a solution to the problem. If you can come up with how we cease use of fossil fuels without dispensing with 3/4s of the worlds population then you’ll be a very rich man. Either that or shot by Oil industries hitman:-)

A bit like republicans who achieve nothing but self angst, although this lot actually have a point.
Ah of course. Equating frustration at eco warriors (who aren't helping one iota in reversing the planet's health) and frustration at a family of freeloaders hoarding our taxes that we graft for.

Yes, I can definitely see the correlation.

The shit we have in just our country the filth on the streets and we as people mainly just walk past it because it's someone elses problem.

I genuinely seriously get that but if these protestors don't start targeting oil based businesses and government then they are just going to piss off the general public.

What have we got 70 mllion people on this island, we are producing waste on a massive scale, what's the solutio? bring more people in because we are too lazy to do it ourselves.

Humans are geniuses.

I agree some of the protests may be better placed elsewhere but I'm not sure if security makes that harder?

I look at it this way if you take the dumping of shit in our water or a completely different subject like the post office(we could pick shit loads of stuff)
It tends to go this way.

No one listens
Eventually someone or some group makes people listen
It becomes big news for a few days
Something else comes along and it gets forgotten.
Rinse and repeat decades go by until the noise becomes too loud and something gets done.(bit late for the dead or the imprisoned)

The water scandal lasted days at its peak and maybe a couple of weeks after lingering about. Is it still a scandal? Yes. Is shit still pumped out? Yes. How much? Who knows it's yesterday's news.

Every few years countries get together and set targets they will never meet. Meet again revise the targets which they will never meet. Our politicians say things like a grown up approach to net zero ie delay it coz we are skint.

The idea of protests is not to change the minds of the apathetic or make Bob flog his Beemer it's to keep the cause in the headlines. It has massive competition especially recently. If people don't listen you have to shout louder.

The most depressing thing about humans is they will take to the street over a tax but the world we live in? Our home? Nah fuck that.

Years ago when we ironically had the fuel strikes and the lorries blocked the motorways and major roads, car drivers were right behind them. Funerals hospital appointments weren't mentioned. Go truckers let's get my fuel bill down. And being late for work was a Brucie Bonus.

So the reasoning from some posters I just ain't having. It all really comes down to self interest.

Anyhow I'm off to bed so you can all give a huge sigh of relief. No doubt we will have this conversation again and again like all the other subjects on here. We are all a weird lot.

I agree some of the protests may be better placed elsewhere but I'm not sure if security makes that harder?

I look at it this way if you take the dumping of shit in our water or a completely different subject like the post office(we could pick shit loads of stuff)
It tends to go this way.

No one listens
Eventually someone or some group makes people listen
It becomes big news for a few days
Something else comes along and it gets forgotten.
Rinse and repeat decades go by until the noise becomes too loud and something gets done.(bit late for the dead or the imprisoned)

The water scandal lasted days at its peak and maybe a couple of weeks after lingering about. Is it still a scandal? Yes. Is shit still pumped out? Yes. How much? Who knows it's yesterday's news.

Every few years countries get together and set targets they will never meet. Meet again revise the targets which they will never meet. Our politicians say things like a grown up approach to net zero ie delay it coz we are skint.

The idea of protests is not to change the minds of the apathetic or make Bob flog his Beemer it's to keep the cause in the headlines. It has massive competition especially recently. If people don't listen you have to shout louder.

The most depressing thing about humans is they will take to the street over a tax but the world we live in? Our home? Nah fuck that.

Years ago when we ironically had the fuel strikes and the lorries blocked the motorways and major roads, car drivers were right behind them. Funerals hospital appointments weren't mentioned. Go truckers let's get my fuel bill down. And being late for work was a Brucie Bonus.

So the reasoning from some posters I just ain't having. It all really comes down to self interest.

Anyhow I'm off to bed so you can all give a huge sigh of relief. No doubt we will have this conversation again and again like all the other subjects on here. We are all a weird lot.

If it's bin day tomorrow?

Don't you fuckin' forget ;-)

Nah i wouldn’t call anybody that, but rather than support the people who think protests like these they’re engaging in then crying about it when they finally get locked up, might be better putting their energies into looking for a solution to the problem. If you can come up with how we cease use of fossil fuels without dispensing with 3/4s of the worlds population then you’ll be a very rich man. Either that or shot by Oil industries hitman:-)
It will need a bigger brain than a working class Manc plus the hitman is a concern.

I'm gonna put my faith in those scientist blokes coz God and Shell don't seem to care:-)

It will need a bigger brain than a working class Manc plus the hitman is a concern.

I'm gonna put my faith in those scientist blokes coz God and Shell don't seem to care:-)
Doing our best Air source is coming on, insulations being replaced with a better product, solar being fitted, trouble is most of these energy saving products are reliant on fossil fuels in their production and installation :-(

You will find all my posts were about the length of the sentence and not about avoiding custody. So your view on protests are okay if the disruption is nil or minimal? Whatever minimal means in the context of a protest.

That'll kick ass:-)
As evidenced in court, they're self-righteous narcissists who specifically planned to prevent people from attending funerals, flying on holiday or getting to critical cancer appointments. This isn't tolerated because none of their 'victims' wanted to participate in a protest let alone one that meant missing their arrangements.

You would fully expect the sentence to reflect the crime which increases in severity by the level of planning and other factors such as past offending. A judge and jury gave a verdict of conviction and lengthy prison sentence, I really don't see the problem.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.