Just Stop Oil protests

Yes but note any law carries a burden of proof that must be proven in court. Have you read the evidence that was given in court? Have you read the extent of damage that was caused to victims and the financial cost of policing it?

It also wasn't just public nuisance, they were actions that literally required police intervention to prevent them endangering people let alone themselves. A 12 person jury heard this and they found every single person guilty. The same twats who tried to scale Heathrow earlier in the week are no different, they could of put an aircraft in danger.

There isn't a single mitigating factor. One person may even die of cancer because of these actions. That person who may die did not choose to miss their cancer appointment, JUST STOP OIL conspired to make it so!

I'm sorry but protests are perfectly acceptable but they shouldn't encroach upon the public or even endanger the public who did not choose to participate in a protest. The overwhelming public opinion is that these people should have got 10 years and not 5. The law exists, they knew it and they've been put in prison, case closed, don't slip on the soap.
You are confusing the burden and standard of proof. It’s a common error among the uninformed.

It was just public nuisance, as that was the only charge on the indictment.

Are you really going to get into a scrap with me about our criminal justice system.

Seriously?

You are confusing the burden and standard of proof. It’s a common error among the uninformed.

Are you really going to get into a scrap with me about our criminal justice system.

Seriously?
Again I'll just repeat have you read the evidence and sentencing sum up given in court? It's here if you need it.

The law is not selective based upon whether you're protesting or not. The question is did they cause a public nuisance and can you prove it? Yes. They were found guilty. The extent of the sentence reflects the severity of what they did, its planning and also past offending and reference to future deterrence of repeat crime.

It seems you may actually have a problem with the selection of charges. In which case it's relatively easy to then question the historic selection of charges by the CPS when it comes to Just Stop Oil, especially given evidence has never really been a case breaker!

What are your views on obstruction of highways, trespass, criminal damage or the air navigation order? Maybe these subsets were more appropriate charges, some of which carry much harsher sentences.

Last edited:
Again I'll just repeat have you read the evidence and sentencing sum up given in court? It's here if you need it.

The law is not selective based upon whether you're protesting or not. The question is did they cause a public nuisance and can you prove it? Yes. They were found guilty. The extent of the sentence reflects the severity of what they did, its planning and also past offending and reference to future deterrence of repeat crime.

It seems you may actually have a problem with the selection of charges. In which case it's relatively easy to then question the historic selection of charges by the CPS when it comes to Just Stop Oil, especially given evidence has never really been a case breaker!

What are your views on obstruction of highways, trespass, criminal damage or the air navigation order? Maybe these subsets were more appropriate charges, some of which carry much harsher sentences.
And in other news, air pollution causes 1 in 10 cancers in the UK. Probably much higher in London...

Seriously?
In fairness he has asked 70 million people to give their preferred sentence either by asking or by the sheer power of his mind reading skills, all within a short period of time.
This isn't a mere poster but an other worldly oracle, a deity some may say.
Tread carefully:-)

Reactions: PPT

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.