Just WTF has brought this on?

Ric said:
Pam said:
What a winker.... and why now?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/380471/Kaka-Why-I-snubbed-Manchester-City-Brazilian-star-wanted-to-join-a-club-with-history-and-ambition.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/3 ... ition.html</a>

A senstionalist tabloid has exagerated players quotes to appear deragotaory towards City. Boo fucking hoo. I can't believe how sensitive some of our fans have become! Kaka says nothing against City.

To paraphrase you, WTF has bought this on?! I can only imagine you haven't read a tabloid paper for the last two decades. Read it carefully. The. World. Isn't. Against. Us.

Now let's get a grip and resume sensible debate.

Pam has it in for Kaka.

I have it in for anyone belittling City, partiuclarly when it's a Brazilian living in Italy and knows Sweet FA about it. He is a jackass.

Pam said:
I have it in for anyone belittling City, partiuclarly when it's a Brazilian living in Italy and knows Sweet FA about it. He is a jackass.

Where has he belittled us? Everything i have read about him is complimentary towards us, unless i have missed a comment somehwere?

Immaculate Pasta said:
Pam said:

Where has he belittled us? Everything i have read about him is complimentary towards us, unless i have missed a comment somehwere?

Fair comment, Pam can you point to where Kaka "belittled" us, just to clarify.

Hey this is my first post on these forums! Thought I'd say hi.

Bit of an odd time to join I know but I can't sleep so I figured I'd add something :).

Anyway on this whole tabloid business. It's clear that they've made a mountain out of a molehill on this occasion. They must have had a slow days press. I don't think Kaka in particular has a huge vendetta against us.

The tabloids can say that we don't have history or ambition but as long as we know otherwise then surely there's no problem. It'll just make it that little bit sweeter to prove them wrong I say!

Besides last time I checked nobodies 'history' contributed to them winning a trophy in the present. Look at Preston for example. They were the first ever English Champions! That isn't helping much these days.

People just need to stop worrying about the gutter press because it's bound to come in droves.

Keep the faith!

SBF

Perhaps you're right but he says he't too good for City, which is dismissive at best and possibly dishonest since he was, by all accounts, ready to negotiate with us back in February.

i dont care what this fucking twat says, i actually believe robinho (at kakas age) will be a much better "world class" player then this greedy fucker and will be at a more succesfull club.

I don't think it would've been dismissive if he said he was too good for City, it would've been true.

However, he never said that, at any point. Just to make it easier for you, I've cut and pasted his quotes so you can justify your point:

"I was very flattered by Manchester City's interest in January but it is just a project at the moment. And with projects sometimes you don't know how long the investment will be there for.

"Lots of smaller clubs have periods of spending big money. But suddenly the investment stops when the owner decides to do something else. Or sometimes it stops because of other reasons like a failing economy.

"Things can be great one moment and not so great the next moment. The organisation can collapse like a pack of playing cards. I felt the time was right for a change and Real Madrid is the club for me.

"It is not about a difference of quality between La Liga and the Premier League. Real will always be a big club. Nobody can take away their history and their nine European Cups."

"Florentino has his aim and his way to invest. It is not something negative for football, but positive. The Barcelona president, Joan Laporta, has criticised us but they are very strong. The way Real can be a competitive team again is to have an ambitious plan like Florentino's.

"I know I made the correct choice going to Real. To be alongside players who can decide a match on their own is very important and Cristiano can do that."

Over to you Pam-er-la.

Pam said:
Perhaps you're right but he says he't too good for City, which is dismissive at best and possibly dishonest since he was, by all accounts, ready to negotiate with us back in February.

Where does he say he is too good for us though? Has he actually come out and been quoted as saying "i am too good for Manchester City" or are you misinterpreting his quotes and looking for the negative side of it instead of seeing a man speak perfect sense that the vast majority of city fans and football fans are thinking?

I think you were bragging to your rag mates or work collegues about getting him in January and were made to look a bit silly when he didn't come, hence all this Kaka "dissing" you have been doing since January 20th ;-)

The most derogatory (if it can it even be called that) thing he has to say about us is that we are a "project at the moment." Which, if we can take off the blue-tinted glasses for a moment, is completely true. We have some great players and will be bringing more in, but we are still a long ways off from challenging for the top spot and are coming off a season in which we finished 10th.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.