Juve want bob

Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
I hope he stays. Another season will tell us if he's the right man or not (and that from someone who finds the football we play boring most of the time). Next season, if he's as smart as I think he is, he'll play a more expansive game in the Premier League, but he'll need to buy some pace in the midfield to do that.

he has had 3 transfer windows and hasnt bought one fast player. his style hasnt changed one bit in 16 months. what makes you think he will change now?

forevermancity said:
I hope he stays. Another season will tell us if he's the right man or not (and that from someone who finds the football we play boring most of the time). Next season, if he's as smart as I think he is, he'll play a more expansive game in the Premier League, but he'll need to buy some pace in the midfield to do that.

he has had 3 transfer windows and hasnt bought one fast player. his style hasnt changed one bit in 16 months. what makes you think he will change now?
He was 'firefighting' when he first came. This is his first full season in our league and I reckon that should be enough for him to finally settle on the best way to go about things over here. What with all the cup competitions to juggle, the type of teams we play, recovery times, what works and what doesn't in terms of formations and style of play, etc.

Blue Mooner said:
blue_paul said:
I didn't see anyone on this thread talk about Morinho, this is about Mancini and his impact on Mancheter City. If you want to talk about the other one, start a different thread.
Answer this: On what solid evidence do you see Manchester City becomming successful under Roberto Mancini? Don't give me the 'it takes time' lark as we'vwe been regressing for a while and he's done nothing to stop the rot. He took a side tha finished 5th last season, spent another bloody fortune and is in real danger of losing that coveted fourth spot to Spurs.
THe new FFP rules will be on force soon ad we'll be restricted in what we can spend in terms of transfers and wages. I'd wager both Mancini and Cook will be relieved of duties due to mistakes in the transfer market and the ridiculous contracts we've given out to what is quite frankly, average dross at times.

Deny it all you like but it does take time. You think we've regressed, I think we've just come through a difficult period of games and suffered from injuries in that period.

I think everything I have seen says we are a far superior team than last season particularly when we were drawing with the likes of Burnley at home and conceding goals for fun.

The 4-3 at the rags may have been a great game but lets be honest the rags were better than us in every department. The game at the swamp (bar a fluke, genius goal, call it what you will) there was only one team that looked likely to win and that was us.

This season we have spent virtually all season in the top 4 and most of it higher than that. Last season we were always chasing 4th and missed out. That is progress.

You've come to a conclusion, without actually having seen the outcome. If anything we are doing the usual City disease of talking the team down at precisely the moment we should be backing the club to achieve its objectives.

If we do finish 4th and win the FA Cup then why should the manager be sacked ?

All we can do as fans is back the club to the end of the season and see what comes out. Not predict are demise and start talking of sacking the manager.

Any one knows that unsettled teams achieve f*ck all. Teams under pressure don't perform as well and confidence is crucial in the last few games.

So why are our own fans intent on destroying all of the above at such a critical moment ?

I'll back the team and manager at the game. I come on here to air my thoughts on all things Manchester City and I won't blindly back the manager on a bloody internet forum as it's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. This has nothing to do with loyalty or being impatient, far from it.
We are in gross danger of falling out of the top four due to a sustained period of poor football and it doesn't seem to be ending any time soon. He's giving off the air of a defeated man with his excuses of tiredness and his often baffling, negative tactics. There's nothing to suggest he'll turn it around and you know it. I hate sacking every tom dick and harry manager but we've dropped a big one with this guy. He was never the right man in the first place.
Is finishing fourth such a huge achievement after what he spent anyway? I'm not so sure. He's been carried by the little Argentinian for most of the season and now his form has gone to shit, who's going to get us out of the mire?
The expensive flops on ridiculous money he's brought to the club?!?

We are in a real conundrum.

Yes, the owners need to see returns for their outlay and yes, given the largesse offered to Bob, they will look for a minimum of a trophy to finish the season with. Not necessarily a Top 4 finish perhaps, but it's likely that the contract (doubtless unwritten) is that he will not be our coach if he fails to finish ahead of Tottenham after match day 38.

The problems mounts as we look to acquire top players for next season. Mancini clearly knows this and acknowledges that unless we are playing in the Champions League in August/September his chances of achieving this goal next season will not be improved due to the inability to attract the best players. Players that will end up at Arsenal, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Manchester United, Barcelona, Tottenham, Milan and Inter.

It's probably a case of whether Sheikh Mansour and his colleagues are realistic in their expectations. Now that Adebayor and Bellamy have gone we appear lightweight upfront. The early season goals have slowed perceptibly, there seems to be a general feeling that we have lost a certain amount of self confidence. I understand this. However, I always looked at Mancini's appointment as a 3 year project. We may have to look at outstanding young talent rather than the Sneijder's of this world. I'd rather have players who are with us for the long haul.

Once we have inevitably shedded the likes of Balotelli and Tevez, the owners must recognise that Rome wasn't built in a day. Sadly when Mancini receives his end of term report from the management, the Balotelli acquisition will form a significant part of the decision as to whether or not he is the right man or not.

The Sunderland encounter should do a lot to restore our confidence if we take the three points in an impressive manner.

forevermancity said:
He was 'firefighting' when he first came. This is his first full season in our league and I reckon that should be enough for him to finally settle on the best way to go about things over here. What with all the cup competitions to juggle, the type of teams we play, recovery times, what works and what doesn't in terms of formations and style of play, etc.

Firefighting????????????????????????

His style and tactics are more suited to Italian football, He would be good for Juve.

Happy Feet said:

Firefighting????????????????????????
Yes - we were only 15 points off the relegation places after 17 games. We might have got sucked in if Bungling Bob hadn't rescued us. It's fair to say he saved us from relegation last season.

JimmyFrizz said:
I log onto Bluemoon and all I seem to hear is criticism of Mancini. Then I go to matches and hear more fans consistently signing his name than for any manager I can remember in recent history.
The trouble with this place is therer are far too many rags masquerading as Blues and far too many armchair wallahs.

blue_paul said:
I'll back the team and manager at the game. I come on here to air my thoughts on all things Manchester City and I won't blindly back the manager on a bloody internet forum as it's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. This has nothing to do with loyalty or being impatient, far from it.
We are in gross danger of falling out of the top four due to a sustained period of poor football and it doesn't seem to be ending any time soon. He's giving off the air of a defeated man with his excuses of tiredness and his often baffling, negative tactics. There's nothing to suggest he'll turn it around and you know it. I hate sacking every tom dick and harry manager but we've dropped a big one with this guy. He was never the right man in the first place.
Is finishing fourth such a huge achievement after what he spent anyway? I'm not so sure. He's been carried by the little Argentinian for most of the season and now his form has gone to shit, who's going to get us out of the mire?
The expensive flops on ridiculous money he's brought to the club?!?

A very good summary of our present situation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.