Juve want bob

bobmcfc said:
if mancini gets 4th he will stay. hope everyones happy with that

I'll be happy with that, but the bar will be raised again next season.

moomba said:
bobmcfc said:

I'll be happy with that, but the bar will be raised again next season.
If we go out at Wembley with a whimper eg the recent performance at Chelsea and get beat at Wembley that will be the final nail in his coffin imo, I for one will never forgive him if we get beat without having a real go at them top 4 or no top 4!!

I don't know whether this is true or not, I saw it on here in another thread, but apparantly, we're on the same points total at this stage last season. I don't hate Mancini or anything like that, but I have real doubts whether he can turn City into a force.

Andouble said:
bobmcfc said:

I honestly don't think it's that cut and dry.
It isn't. For one thing getting 4th only because other teams have under-performed may meet an objective of sorts but the owner will need to be happy that we won't bomb out next season if those teams do better.

Secondly, there may have been a points target set that, if met, would guarantee 4th rather than jsut 4th place itself. Hughes was apparently set aa target of 70 points so you would expect slightly more from Mancini, a more experienced manager who has spent more money.

Finally, there's the whole issue of his man-management of his players and his relationship with the executives, particularly Cook, Marwood and Khaldoon. That's what got Mourinho the sack from Chelsea, as well as quite a few other managers.

blue_paul said:
Blue Mooner said:
Deny it all you like but it does take time. You think we've regressed, I think we've just come through a difficult period of games and suffered from injuries in that period.

I think everything I have seen says we are a far superior team than last season particularly when we were drawing with the likes of Burnley at home and conceding goals for fun.

The 4-3 at the rags may have been a great game but lets be honest the rags were better than us in every department. The game at the swamp (bar a fluke, genius goal, call it what you will) there was only one team that looked likely to win and that was us.

This season we have spent virtually all season in the top 4 and most of it higher than that. Last season we were always chasing 4th and missed out. That is progress.

You've come to a conclusion, without actually having seen the outcome. If anything we are doing the usual City disease of talking the team down at precisely the moment we should be backing the club to achieve its objectives.

If we do finish 4th and win the FA Cup then why should the manager be sacked ?

All we can do as fans is back the club to the end of the season and see what comes out. Not predict are demise and start talking of sacking the manager.

Any one knows that unsettled teams achieve f*ck all. Teams under pressure don't perform as well and confidence is crucial in the last few games.

So why are our own fans intent on destroying all of the above at such a critical moment ?

I'll back the team and manager at the game. I come on here to air my thoughts on all things Manchester City and I won't blindly back the manager on a bloody internet forum as it's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. This has nothing to do with loyalty or being impatient, far from it.
We are in gross danger of falling out of the top four due to a sustained period of poor football and it doesn't seem to be ending any time soon. He's giving off the air of a defeated man with his excuses of tiredness and his often baffling, negative tactics. There's nothing to suggest he'll turn it around and you know it. I hate sacking every tom dick and harry manager but we've dropped a big one with this guy. He was never the right man in the first place.
Is finishing fourth such a huge achievement after what he spent anyway? I'm not so sure. He's been carried by the little Argentinian for most of the season and now his form has gone to shit, who's going to get us out of the mire?
The expensive flops on ridiculous money he's brought to the club?!?
you are spot on fella. my thoughts exactly and when tevez leaves who do we rely on ? balotelli the head case ? yeh right !

De Giorgis JUVENTUS Football MANCINI EXCLUSIVE - Roberto Mancini is one of the eligible candidates to the bench at Juventus. The technician Jesi, current manager of Manchester City appears on the list of possible candidates for the bench in the Juventus. The direct question a few weeks ago said he did not rule out a return to Italy as coach of Juventus maybe. We spoke exclusively to Calciomercatonews.com, Giorgio De Giorgis, Italian prosecutor friend, advisor to former coach. On the possible contact with Juventus De Giorgis said: "There was nothing, partly because Roberto (Mancini, ed) is very good for the City for him has always been a dream to coach in England." Mancini to Juventus is not possible? De Giorgis states: "I did not say this, also because in football you never know, but at present it seems unlikely. Mancini is focused on the season at the City, wants to lead the team in the Champions League since the victory in the league is difficult. "

De Giorgis, however, is convinced that the "Manco" might be the right coach for the Bianconeri: "It 's ambitious and enjoy working with young talent, I think it's the same idea of ​​his club." Last stop on Balotelli: "He is not doing badly on the field, only sorry that sometimes behave incorrectly. Mancini with him behave like an older brother, believes that with due patience Balotelli could improve from this point of view. "

bobmcfc said:
if he decides to put some pace into the team then yes and he has to play for a win always

nevilletogoater-in said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
I have this feelin' that the next team Roberto goes to will win everythin' they enter!

Only if 2 of the big clubs have either been relegated or deducted points and the team he is given is easy to manage.

If he goes somewhere where he has to buy the players and build a league winning team then they're fucked!!
You do realise that Inter had won fuck all for over 10 years before bobby went there? You do also realise that the first time they won the league, they did so by an absolute landslide rendering the points deductions absolutely pointless. They won 17 games in a row and finished on 90odd points (iirc). Juventus had been relegated, but how are you going to stop a team which wins 17 league games in a row?

He did fine with Inter. He's doing fine with us. It's not pretty, but we've been in and around the top3 all season. He's pretty much mirroring what he achieved at Inter. We just need patience.

ono said:
nevilletogoater-in said:
Only if 2 of the big clubs have either been relegated or deducted points and the team he is given is easy to manage.

If he goes somewhere where he has to buy the players and build a league winning team then they're fucked!!
You do realise that Inter had won fuck all for over 10 years before bobby went there? You do also realise that the first time they won the league, they did so by an absolute landslide rendering the points deductions absolutely pointless. They won 17 games in a row and finished on 90odd points (iirc). Juventus had been relegated, but how are you going to stop a team which wins 17 league games in a row?

He did fine with Inter. He's doing fine with us. It's not pretty, but we've been in and around the top3 all season. He's pretty much mirroring what he achieved at Inter. We just need patience.

he's not doing fine though, with this squad we should piss 4th and win a cup.

Dont see us finishing in the top4 and i doubt we will have a shot on target against Utd, just think it will all be a huge anti climax. Injuries, drug tests, tactics and egos the size of Everest, its not a bright outlook at present.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.