Juve want bob

Being 4th and in the semi doesnt tell the full story though does it? Our league form has dipHped quite dramatically, we shouldnt be battling to hold on to 4th with the squad we have. As for being in the semi of the FA Cup, I am as excited as the next blue but lets not kid ourselves we havnt actually played anyone decent in the competition so far. You couldnt wish for an easier route to the semis than what we have had.[/quote]

How many trophys have united won over years in that exact fashion?

I log onto Bluemoon and all I seem to hear is criticism of Mancini. Then I go to matches and hear more fans consistently signing his name than for any manager I can remember in recent history .... a few 'psycho's' (before he was appointed!), a few sporadic 'Sven G-E's', Keegan chants never really got going and so on. For Bob, however, it's loud and at every game. The only negative at game's I can really remember this season was to greet the Tevez substitution. So... what is the true feeling of the majority of fans? Mine is simply judge at the end of the season and don't be too quick to axe ... the only thing our club has every done consistently is sack managers and maybe it's time for a new approach? Still, like any passionate fan, I'm prone to change my mind .....

mancunial said:
if he does eventually go back to italy, it will probably be roma, their is a big takeover happening there at the end of the season, an american company is about to finance the takeover with a change to the management structure, bobby would probably be their choice probably by his style of play, i like and admire the guy, only because he is his own man who will do it his way and no other, also he he doesn,t bend over and grovell and cream like redknapp kiss assing the press and media, the only gripe i have with bobby was i think he made a mistake in not keeping keeping bellamy for another season?

I thought that the rumour mill has Ancelotti almost certain to leave Chelsea even if he wins the CL and strong favourte to take over Roma, where he used to be a player?

Either way, Roma have a vacancy to be filled in the summer, while it's looking increasingly likely that Juve will as well. They finisd seventh last season, seen as a bit of a disaster, but with eight games left are seventh again, five points of sixth place and 11 off the CL spots. They move to their new stadium in the summer and are reportedy willing to offer a new boss a few quid, plus whatever they can make from selling off their old guard.

Anyway, two major Italian jobs likely to be available at the end of the season. And maybe two high-profile Italian managers in the form of Ancelotti and Mancini available, looking to return to Serie A after leaving high-pressure jobs abroad?

I won't loose any sleep if he leaves us, perhaps then we will get a manager who plays attractive football with some pace. The sideways backwards, try and walk it into the net or let Kolarov have a punt from 40 yards style we are playing now is just awful.

JimmyFrizz said:
I log onto Bluemoon and all I seem to hear is criticism of Mancini. Then I go to matches and hear more fans consistently signing his name than for any manager I can remember in recent history .... a few 'psycho's' (before he was appointed!), a few sporadic 'Sven G-E's', Keegan chants never really got going and so on. For Bob, however, it's loud and at every game. The only negative at game's I can really remember this season was to greet the Tevez substitution. So... what is the true feeling of the majority of fans? Mine is simply judge at the end of the season and don't be too quick to axe ... the only thing our club has every done consistently is sack managers and maybe it's time for a new approach? Still, like any passionate fan, I'm prone to change my mind .....

The Mancini chant is actually very interesting. I don't believe there is a huge majority at the stadium who are massively pro-mancini (although I do think a lot of people want to 'like him' which is different). I actually believe supporting Mancini has become a metaphor for a very defensive seize mentality which has developed on here and at the ground over the last year in particularly. There are a lot of fans who appear to believe there is a vendetta against City. And as a result, many think it's better to 'appear' that we are all one single army, here to defend the club. Thus backing Mancini publically is one small way of doing that.

Add to that, I think people like the song, and as I said before, I think many people want to like him (perception that he is cool etc). However, I do not believe the majority really believe in him

de niro said:
Are they mad?
:)

In fairness it might be good for him, that's his forte after all.

You change your opinion on Mancini more than anything

I have a season icket in the East stand and people slag him off there,I didnt go in the cup scheme but went to the games, but wasnt organised enough to claim my own seat , I sat in the corner of the family stand and also the Colin Bell stand he was slagged off there to

He's on record as saying he's like to manage Juve one day and I wouldn't be surprised if he grasped the opportunity should it arise this summer. City's hierarchy cannot be pleased with what we've been witnessing these past few months. Some of his signings have failed to deliver and ultimately it's on this and results that he will be judged. The lack of pace and attacking intent in the team gives the side a really sluggish look and he hasn't helped the club by blabbering on about tiredness in early March!
I really think his footballing philosophy is more suited to his homeland. In football terms, Italy is now a backwater and any domestic success there should be taken with a pinch of salt especially when it came in circumstances as fortuitous as Mancini found himself in with inter after the Calciopoli scandal! It should be noted that even with substantial backing from Morratti, he failed to make an impact in Europe with Inter which suggest he wasn’t really up for the job at the highest level.
Anyway, my theory is there's gonna be changes upstairs at City too. I think Marwood will lose his job after Kahldoon had to personally smooth through the Dzecko transfer.
I also believe Gary Cook, although very popular with some on here, is out of his depth and will be moved onto other projects and away from dealing with things such as player contracts where the club has acted extremely foolishly since the Arab investment came in.

Of course, we might beat yernited’, win the cup and finish fourth but we’ve been on a downward curve for a while and I don’t go along with the blind optimism of some.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.