Juventus (home) tickets/attendance

50k plus. Excellent crowd considering juventus brought less than 1000.
People don`t understand that all CL games are restricted from holding a usual capacity due to UEFA advertising,so I assume our capacity last night was in the region of 52,000.Seeing a full block on SS3 where the Juventus fans should have been I would have thought that we were only approx 1000/1500 short of capacity.

all sorts of little blocks blanked out on the 1st tier last night - mostly to pander to photographers requirements I presume - I wonder what was the view was like from the new bottom three rows, the CL advertising hoardings looked very high from where I was sat in 201

i have a season ticket but was given paper tickets for this game so don't know if this is an ongoing problem or just last night but surely they know how many paper tickets they have there waiting so should be set up for it, or at least let you know if you're collecting tickets you need to be there 2/3 hours before KO if you want to get in on time, like i say i don't know if this is a usual thing

The club did let us know to arrive at least 90 mins before kick off.

I’ve ranted a bit on this before. The club spend millions on players and infrastructure only to get the very basics of running a football club wrong.
The issues at the main game are on top of the youth league game where they put zero effort in to filling the academy stadium.

If there are say 8 cup games a season and the average ticket price is £20 and we sell an extra 2,000 a game that’s £320k. I could guarantee that spending £320k on additional staff / and competent management in the ticket office would deliver that sort of return. I’d also sell tickets from the City shop in town, you might sell a few more that way as it would just be so much easier for a lot of people.

It’s not about the money though as in the grand scheme that is nothing. It’s about filling the stadium (and academy stadium) and improving the experience. You can guarantee that some of those fans that queued up will not be back for more!!!

Both the increase in average attendance, and 50,000 last night (our highest ever in Europe?) are brilliant, but let's not kid ourselves that the new breed could contribute to any thread concerning City's Worst Ever X1 or Where were you at York etc. I certainly don't recall so many cameras flashing when Jamie Pollock took his first corner at Maine Road in 1998.
These are different fans, many originating from different ethnic backgrounds, with different ideas, of what constitutes a good match day experience.
Everybody is welcome, but some fans need to open their eyes, and smell the coffee.

Both the increase in average attendance, and 50,000 last night (our highest ever in Europe?) are brilliant, but let's not kid ourselves that the new breed could contribute to any thread concerning City's Worst Ever X1 or Where were you at York etc. I certainly don't recall so many cameras flashing when Jamie Pollock took his first corner at Maine Road in 1998.
These are different fans, many originating from different ethnic backgrounds, with different ideas, of what constitutes a good match day experience.
Everybody is welcome, but some fans need to open their eyes, and smell the coffee.

make tickets cheaper, fill the ground with actual city fans. ....

Interesting reading this, and the other thread about away fans in City sections, having moved up to SSL3, because I was pleasantly surprised last night, few if any "new" fans, and no away fans that I noticed, I've no doubt there were a few, but it wasn't like any of last years games where we had away/new fans all around us in SSL2.

Interesting reading this, and the other thread about away fans in City sections, having moved up to SSL3, because I was pleasantly surprised last night, few if any "new" fans, and no away fans that I noticed, I've no doubt there were a few, but it wasn't like any of last years games where we had away/new fans all around us in SSL2.

in south stand level one id say there were less then last year, but still quite a few especially juve fans. I think most were in the colin bell stand looking over

Few points on last night, the attendance was a great turnout 3 games at home all over 50k looking good hope we can take the average crowd to above 50k this season. The club has got to sort out the ticket pick ups pronto time is not on the clubs side on this issue a young lad came and sat near me in 201 last night after half time he had just got away from working in the ticket office. Juve fans I came across last night and this morning were a credit to their club no drink fuelled mouthing off, I was stuck on a tram last night on Aytoun St for 30 mins behind a broken down tram 20 or so Juve fans trying to get back to the airport no problems with them the driver released to doors to let people off and the Juve fans were polite and pleased to be informed the best thing to do was to return to Picc stn and get a train to the airport.

Am I right in thinking there is just 1 queue for both picking up pre-bought tickets, and buying tickets on the spot? If so that is plain wrong, those pre-bought should be accommodated in their own queue somewhere (why no even self-service machines, airport style?), and those too unorganised to get their shit together beforehand and hoping to buy on the night can have their own queue where they only have themselves to blame.

Its quite simple and I don't believe the club haven't considered such solutions, so there must be practical reasons why the situation is STILL as it is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.