Kai Havertz

Don’t think there are many players we would pay over £100 mill for let alone £120 mill for a prospect like Felix. I don’t think £70/80 mill for a player we really want is out of the question though. Don’t know if Havertz is one or not if he is though think we’d pay our record fee for him.

thing is though we have to step up at times and go for it? If it’s not havertz then Sancho? Or ferran Torres? They will all cost more than our record signing but if they seriously improve the squad and are at the right age then we have to try and keep ahead of our competition! The rags have bought some top players but for the wrong managers and systems?

Not for me. Feran Torres with a year left on his contract is a much better option. Quicker and sharper than Havertz too.

Have to agree, I have no doubt that he will be an amazing player in years to come, however I think we need to back Foden as he will be just as good if not better.
Torres looks the brilliant and also where the best deal can be done.

Have to agree, I have no doubt that he will be an amazing player in years to come, however I think we need to back Foden as he will be just as good if not better.
Torres looks the brilliant and also where the best deal can be done.
Financially and realistically it makes more sense. Back Foden, and buy a cheaper potential player to replace Sane, then use majority of funds to get a defensive target.

I don't know much about Torres other than some clips, but he looks decent, anybody watch La Liga enough to have a strong opinion about him?

I could post a video of Bernardo Silva playing false 9 at old Trafford this season but it wouldn't make him a striker.
I still think Bernardo as a false 9 can work (not a true striker, false 9 specifically), but not in our system.

Messi False 9 at Barca for example only works (first obviously because its Messi) but also because the wingers played inverted or inside, with fullbacks providing width. False 9 requires you to burden the wingers with more goals, with the advantage of the striker essentially acting as a 10.

We require our wingers to play mostly wide though, so it doesn't work because then we lack a goal threat up front.

That being said, we have Aguero and Jesus, so false 9 is also not necessary for us anyways.

The German bloke who works for Bild is getting incessantly bombarded by Chelsea fans, literally all day and night, so he throws a tidbit like that out every now and again to satisfy the masses.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.