Kalidou Koulibaly

I love it when people moan about fees as if a lower fee helps them in any way whilst they sit in the semi-detached in Droylsden scratching their balls.

The only thing the fans should care about is if they a) improve us and b) are classed as affordable by the men charged with looking at the balance sheet and income forecasts.

Last edited:
I think this is a scouting problem at the club. There is surely a 22-25 year old out there who will be a future world star and is available for less than 60m. There always is and other clubs get them. We have been able to identify gems in the midfield but not one proper CB since VK.
As good as Pep is at spotting talent, he cant be expected to scan through all leagues and support has to come from elsewhere.
The dippers have nicked them

I live it when people moan about fees as if a lower fee helps them in any way whilst they sit in the semi-detached in Droylsden scratching their balls.

The only thing the fans should care about is if they a) improve us and b) are classed as affordable by the men charged with looking at the balance sheet and income forecasts.

cant slag people for not wanting us to be mugged off. £90m for a 29 year old KK would be a mugging

I think this is a scouting problem at the club. There is surely a 22-25 year old out there who will be a future world star and is available for less than 60m. There always is and other clubs get them. We have been able to identify gems in the midfield but not one proper CB since VK.
As good as Pep is at spotting talent, he cant be expected to scan through all leagues and support has to come from elsewhere.

Who was brought in as mostly a defensive mid.

Agree, buying Koulibaly is a short-term solution and there should be someone younger out there. The club seem to look for immediate impact though, and for that reason Koulibaly is a good choice.

Agree, buying Koulibaly is a short-term solution and there should be someone younger out there. The club seem to look for immediate impact though, and for that reason Koulibaly is a good choice.
The club definitely do not look for immediate impact, near enough everyone we buy comes in with the intention of developing to a higher level.

Prime examples; Stones, Bernardo, Sterling, Jesus, Sane, Rodri and so on. The last 'ready made' player I can think of is Mahrez.

I think Pep is sick of having to make the best out of the defence we have, he has realised that Stones and Otamendi are not the way forward, Garcia has come in and done a job but now he wants to leave and Fernandinho was dropped there simply because Pep couldn't stand Stones or Ota anymore.

Koulibaly comes straight into the starting squad and is on a very short list of players that we have bought that have done that. Walker probably the last player before him.

The club definitely do not look for immediate impact, near enough everyone we buy comes in with the intention of developing to a higher level.

Prime examples; Stones, Bernardo, Sterling, Jesus, Sane, Rodri and so on. The last 'ready made' player I can think of is Mahrez.

I think Pep is sick of having to make the best out of the defence we have, he has realised that Stones and Otamendi are not the way forward, Garcia has come in and done a job but now he wants to leave and Fernandinho was dropped there simply because Pep couldn't stand Stones or Ota anymore.

Koulibaly comes straight into the starting squad and is on a very short list of players that we have bought that have done that. Walker probably the last player before him.

Strangely you talk about defenders and forget Laporte, who definitely came in and did the job straight away.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.