Kalidou Koulibaly

the mangala hit we took is a big scare for me at £70 million
i know its not the same and he is a better player koulibaly ? but unknown in the premier league and we all know you don't get time on the ball the premier league ? its a league that finds your weakness fast and can make you look daft very quickly

if they are saying they want the £100 million or nothing then walk away ? and if they come back say £50 million haha
must be other world class defenders out there ? we should never look desperate and the nathan ake signing gives us options and maybe stones can find his form again
Anything approaching £100m is too much for anyone, apart from a young striker with incredible potential, even then they would have to be something very special (e.g. Havertz, Haaland) to gamble that sort of money. At least with a young striker who has already shown incredible potential, even if it doesn't work out, there will be plenty of other clubs willing to take a gamble, even if you do lose a few quid.

I wasn't convinced when I watched him at the Etihad, or in the reverse fixture in Napoli. He also had a shocker against Arsenal (Lacazette and Aubameyang destroyed him).

My worry is whether at 29 he is already past his peak and would be on the decline joining us. He definitely doesn't look the most mobile defender in the world and can see him being a Mangala MKII - which is a horrific thought!
He's a very good player and would more than likely improve us but not to the extent that we should pay anything resembling the money De Laurentiis seemingly wants. At tops £40-45m for a player of his age, especially a defender.

Anything approaching £100m is too much for anyone, apart from a young striker with incredible potential, even then they would have to be something very special (e.g. Havertz, Haaland) to gamble that sort of money. At least with a young striker who has already shown incredible potential, even if it doesn't work out, there will be plenty of other clubs willing to take a gamble, even if you do lose a few quid.

yep i think £50 million is still a touch high for his age and with the covid-19 the transfer market is going to be hit hard and just look at sancho daft if anybody pays £100 million in today markets

How long is otamendis contract and what is his salary? How old is otamendi? And ditto for Smalling?

this has is market value at £14.5 million ?? united cooking the books again

Koulibaly:

Season 20/21: 29 years old
Season 21/22: 30 years old
Season 22/23: 31 years old
Season 23/24: 32 years old

We would get at least 4 good years on top level from him. He could might as well be amazing until 35, as long as he keeps his speed and agility. We all know he can defend. So he had a mediocre season, just like our Bernardo. Doesn’t mean he’s in decline. I expect Van Dijk to be world class atleast 3 more years, think most people do. Why would Koulibaly be finished? He’s the same age as Van Dijk.

fuck me united are getting £23 million for chris smalling

otamendi is priced at £8 million ? something is not right here and city should not just give him away for that fee

Think there might be a bigger picture here which might explain the odd fees quoted. My far-fetched theory is that the Torres/Otamendi deal might also involve Almada. Otamendi started at Velez Sarsfeld, so a percentage of the money is apparently going there, which coincidentally is where Almada plays. I looked at some Argentinian papers last week and amidst all the very big teams being mentioned, Valencia were listed as a credible destination. There’s a bit of me thinks that Almada might arrive there, but with an agreement in place that we get him down the line.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.