Kalidou Koulibaly

Losing possession is not a defensive mistake in my opinion. Two I can remember without trying to find the post were Walker against Mane and Otamendi failing to close down a shot at Wolves. Ederson's goalkeeping mistakes at Trafford too.
True but losing inside or just outside the box is a defensive mistake just like Mendy being robbed of the ball against Wolves for their second goal, to me that was a fucking howler.

Agreed. It also makes a person sound like a car to me (but then, that's logical, because it's part of the marketing strategy).
On that subject, saw an absolutely pristine TR4 parked in the street the other day. I stopped to admire it discreetly, because I dreamt for a while of owning one of those.
Please can l call him 'Ronnie' as its a nice name and he is a nice modest bloke.;)

Back to things that matter, l saw a black and red Austin Healey 3000 driving down a country lane yesterday whilst walking the dog. It literally stopped me in my tracks as l stood at the kerb to admire it.

True but losing inside or just outside the box is a defensive mistake just like Mendy being robbed of the ball against Wolves for their second goal, to me that was a fucking howler.
It has nothing to do with their ability to defend and everything to do with their ability to play football, again it's only my opinion so open to interpretation. I wouldn't criticise Aguero for a defensive mistake if he lost possession and the opposition broke away and scored for example, as that's what he's asked to do. Same with Otamendi and Zinchenko in those situations, they're asked to play, even when the situation possibly warrants them to kick it 80 yards into row z. We take risks in possession, I don't see those as defensive mistakes but each to their own.

The way City play, losing the ball anywhere on the pitch can be a defensive mistake imo.

And our weakness is not being good enough to stop the opposition from turning it into a half chance or even a goal.

Everybody gives the ball away from time to time & a world class defence enables the top skilled players to play with more freedom & take more risks imo.

The main thing Pep has a blind spot for, imo & the only reason he doesn't win the CL every year.

It has nothing to do with their ability to defend and everything to do with their ability to play football, again it's only my opinion so open to interpretation. I wouldn't criticise Aguero for a defensive mistake if he lost possession and the opposition broke away and scored for example, as that's what he's asked to do. Same with Otamendi and Zinchenko in those situations, they're asked to play, even when the situation possibly warrants them to kick it 80 yards into row z. We take risks in possession, I don't see those as defensive mistakes but each to their own.

They become defensive mistakes, because we are poor at basic coalface defending imo & we are slow at covering apart from a couple of players.

If our basic premise is that press, win the ball, then we mostly keep the ball & stop counter attacks when we lose it, but we can't actually stop the counter attacks, then losing the ball becomes a defensive mistake, whether we like it ir not.

They become defensive mistakes, because we are poor at basic coalface defending imo & we are slow at covering apart from a couple of players.

If our basic premise is that press, win the ball, then we mostly keep the ball & stop counter attacks when we lose it, but we can't actually stop the counter attacks, then losing the ball becomes a defensive mistake, whether we like it ir not.
I understand your position, I really do because as Pep calls it our defensive "stability" comes from retaining possession. In the traditional sense however, I don't think anyone would agree that losing possession is a defensive mistake. It's a bit ambiguous because our style is so different to most other teams, we play in areas most teams are scared of playing in and as a result we occasionally gift a goal to the opposition. Acceptable risks because they create so much at the other end when we get it right, which is most of the time.

Napoli are apparently close to deals for Gabrlel from Lille. And that Real Madrid left-back on loan at Sevilla. I would guess we are hoping Napoli lower a little bit their valuation so they can get those deals done. Since they might need to sell him before completing those deals.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.