Kalidou Koulibaly

Look.....i'm really startong to think Diego Carlos would be the better option. People say he has only had 1 good season in La Liga. But some players are late bloomers. And he is 2 years younger than Koulibaly as well. Look at this performance and tell me he doesn't look like he has all the attributes:

I would also try Leicester's resolve by throwing 80m-90m at Soyuncu. That would be a far more sound investment considering his age (24). Than Koulibaly at 29....IMO.

Otamendi didn't produce anything close to Team of the Season form for anything longer than one season, that's the point.

We’ll agree to disagree there then. He lead us to the semi finals of the CL under manuel and has been the most reliable CB during the entirety of the Pep regime despite getting up there in age. Completely washed yes, but he did his job and I’d love to have an upgraded version.

I would also try Leicester's resolve by throwing 80m-90m at Soyuncu

£90m for Soyuncu? Are you serious?

And I watched that Sevilla v Roma game, that's not what we should be judging anyone on. Roma were fucking terrible from start to finish.

If either was available for about £30m then I'd understand us taking the punt but we're essentially advocating taking Koulibaly money and throwing it at the latest flavour of the week.

@BlueCityfan
I do like Carlos too cuz he's very fast and athletic too. The one good season thing is a red flag, but you see the quality there. Every player we're linked to comes with a risk.

It's just a matter of which gamble we wanna take. But Carlos is a good looking lad, that's good for marketing, and we'd have two of the best Brazilian talents...which is also great for marketing as they've got an enormous country behind them. Not that marketing should be our priority...defending should.

I will sleep well at night if we sign Carlos...or Koulibaly...or Skriniar. After those three I'm not liking the options out there.

We’ll agree to disagree there then. He lead us to the semi finals of the CL under manuel and has been the most reliable CB during the entirety of the Pep regime despite getting up there in age. Completely washed yes, but he did his job and I’d love to have an upgraded version.

I'd rather lose my eyesight than watch that donkey play another game for us.

And what makes anyone think Diego Carlos is an upgraded version?

Problem is there's not that many great, young CB's around that fit our profile. De Ligt was probably the one that got away.

Trying to find a VK replacement at an age VK was when we brought him in is really difficult. I can't think of many, if any, that fit that profile. So you have to go for the next best or pay more for more senior players. Koulibaly may look out of nick but maybe he's had his head turned and it's affecting form.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.