Kalvin Phillips interview in the Sunday papers

I haven't read the article.
Did he say anything about Guardiola giving him the chance to go to the World Cup by allowing him to have an operation whilst we were still playing in the league?
Most clubs/managers would have insisted he had that op when the World Cup was being played.

To then come back overweight shows a lack of respect towards the club and manager who went out of their way to help him.

If the scales say you’re 3lb overweight and the manager exposes that then it’s not a “jibe”. A jibe would be saying something like he’s been spending too much time at Greggs. He’s a highly paid professional in the public eye, there’s no room for being thin-skinned in this sport anymore which seems to be the case. (If not then he’s been conned by the media).

He seems a nice guy and I wish him success at West Ham but personally, he’s been filed alongside Scott Sinclair and Wilfried Bony for me.

The timing doesn't line up for me, got no problem wishing you well on loan and that it just didn't work out at City but to immediately do a paper interview when you haven't gotten into the team consistently yet is weird. He couldn't do that at City yet had an amazon prime doc already being filmed.

Reactions: PPT
Nice lad and good player. Hung out to dry by Pep, but clearly couldn't operate as the player Pep hoped.

Anyone slagging him, the lad has achieved more in his short career than any of you will in a lifetime. Hope he goes on and has a successful club and country career elsewhere. He didn't down tools or show bad attitude, it just didn't work out.
Pep didn’t hang him out to dry, he bought a player and upon arrival he couldn’t make him fit into the system. Pep knows his shit and the lad obviously couldn’t carry out his instructions in training or just wasn’t shaping up …

I wish him all the best and while he was here he conducted himself in an exemplary manner, despite not getting picked, he deserves a lot of credit for that..

He didn’t need to go to the papers though did he and that’s what has irked a number of Blues..

The over weight issue says a lot maybe about him, more so than pep.

From what i believe, any players who were at the world cup were given the option of time off before returning to city, nobody took that up, all returned straight away, apart from phillips who not only took the time off, returned over weight. It doesnt matter of its 1 ounce, 1 pound or 1 stone, if your gaffer has a hard on for being bang on your weight, be bang on your weight.

Why the fuck would a player willingly speak to any newspaper

Same reason he did the amazon prime doc I imagine? I originally assumed it was done with the motivation of being a visible role model for kids from a similar background but watching it it seemed more about creating a brand or projecting an image or justifying himself in some way. Find him a bit of a confusing character to be honest but hopefully he'll get his career on track again.

Same reason he did the amazon prime doc I imagine? I originally assumed it was done with the motivation of being a visible role model for kids from a similar background but watching it it seemed more about creating a brand or projecting an image or justifying himself in some way. Find him a bit of a confusing character to be honest but hopefully he'll get his career on track again.
Some of his behaviours are hard to explain. I’m not sure the guy is over endowed with the necessary mips to be a success with Pep.

Different scales aren't that accurate and it depend on the time of day, if eaten etc. Have a hot bath you take weight off and all other dehydration methods used by boxers and jockeys who all struggle with it.

it is all bit odd jumping on the weight thing when he would shift it in 2 days with a Jamie Pollock fat burner morning jog. I know that was only used as an example but if he one ounce under or over some want his head and it is impossible to be that accurate.

We obviously made a huge mistake in letting him go, look at his performance for West Ham so far! Seriously, his attitude was great with us and he admitted he couldn’t adapt to our way of playing

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.