Kalvin Phillips | Joins City on a 6-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please make some suggestions.

I strongly feel that people underestimate the PL. The days of overseas players arriving and quickly dominating are long gone, it's by far the toughest league.

Ndombele was rated as a top player.
Keita was going to be a game changer.
City wanted Fred.

They've all achieved sweet fa.

Phillips would settle in immediately, be a stable long term backup and is a very good player. The Ake of DM. Nobody in world football is dislodging Rodri so this is exactly what we need.

very good post mate.

Please make some suggestions.

I strongly feel that people underestimate the PL. The days of overseas players arriving and quickly dominating are long gone, it's by far the toughest league.

Ndombele was rated as a top player.
Keita was going to be a game changer.
City wanted Fred.

They've all achieved sweet fa.

Phillips would settle in immediately, be a stable long term backup and is a very good player. The Ake of DM. Nobody in world football is dislodging Rodri so this is exactly what we need.
While I do agree somewhat I also think you've highlighted specific failures

For every Ndombele, Fred etc. You have

Neves - £16mil
Soucek - £14mil
Bissouma - £15mil
Bentacur - £16mil

The bottom line is that there is no right answer...there are players who can take to English football like a duck to water and prove that there is real value out there.....and then there are those that just can't replicate there form, but Phillips I think we know exactly what we are getting.....so the risk is lower but so is the reward

Will say that in those examples you listed....they are all players who went for £50mil plus....maybe that's the problem

I can get behind Phillips for around the £35mil mark, although don't think he's THAT good....and honestly for that value, if we can get Bissouma I'd much rather him he has the dynamism we lack imo

While I do agree somewhat I also think you've highlighted specific failures

For every Ndombele, Fred etc. You have

Neves - £16mil
Soucek - £14mil
Bissouma - £15mil
Bentacur - £16mil

The bottom line is that there is no right answer...there are players who can take to English football like a duck to water and prove that there is real value out there.....and then there are those that just can't replicate there form, but Phillips I think we know exactly what we are getting.....so the risk is lower but so is the reward

Will say that in those examples you listed....they are all players who went for £50mil plus....maybe that's the problem

I can get behind Phillips for around the £35mil mark, although don't think he's THAT good....and honestly for that value, if we can get Bissouma I'd much rather him he has the dynamism we lack imo

another player being investigated for potential sex offences??? Dont think the club fancy that after the whole mendy thing!

I would take philips but players we can target other than him around are (just for info)

Yves Bissouma (25) (30M)
Sergio Roberto(30) Free
Alex Witsel (33) Free
N'golo Kante (31) (25M)
Sergio Busquets(33) (20M)
Tanguy Ndombele(25) (30M)
Jorginho (30) (50M)
Declan Rice (23) (80M)
Ruben Neves (25) (50M)

I would take philips but players we can target other than him around are (just for info)

Yves Bissouma (25) (30M)
Sergio Roberto(30) Free
Alex Witsel (33) Free
N'golo Kante (31) (25M)
Jorginho (30) (50M)
Declan Rice (23) (80M)
Ruben Neves (25) (50M)
Lmao.

Yves Bissouma (25) (30M)
Sergio Roberto(30) Free
Alex Witsel (33) Free
N'golo Kante (31) (25M)
Jorginho (30) (50M)
Declan Rice (23) (80M)
Ruben Neves (25) (50M)
Snuck in Roberto in there like we wouldn’t notice. Are you a Barca fan?

Yves Bissouma (25) (30M)
Sergio Roberto(30) Free
Alex Witsel (33) Free
N'golo Kante (31) (25M)
Jorginho (30) (50M)
Declan Rice (23) (80M)
Ruben Neves (25) (50M)

I'm sure City with their state of the art scouting system already identified and list every player on the planet on what kind of player they need for our team.

Yet they still wants Philips as the number one target for midfielder next summer.

With Barcelona struggling to register players, we should be thinking about hijacking the Kessie free deal before they figure their shit out. But we’d never upset our culé friends, of course…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.