Kalvin Phillips | Joins City on a 6-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this matty ITK or KFA? I notice it’s a different matty to the matty that’s ever so reliable on getting early team news. I can’t work out if he’s actually ITK or people are just confusing him for the other matty? Too many mattys.
He has claimed to be an itk for a few seasons now, think he said that he works for some kind of firm that gets hired by clubs for specific work.

Wether you believe him or not is up to you.

Is this matty ITK or KFA? I notice it’s a different matty to the matty that’s ever so reliable on getting early team news. I can’t work out if he’s actually ITK or people are just confusing him for the other matty? Too many mattys.
He gets good info now and again. Certainly one of those I trust.

While I do agree somewhat I also think you've highlighted specific failures

For every Ndombele, Fred etc. You have

Neves - £16mil
Soucek - £14mil
Bissouma - £15mil
Bentacur - £16mil

The bottom line is that there is no right answer...there are players who can take to English football like a duck to water and prove that there is real value out there.....and then there are those that just can't replicate there form, but Phillips I think we know exactly what we are getting.....so the risk is lower but so is the reward

Will say that in those examples you listed....they are all players who went for £50mil plus....maybe that's the problem

I can get behind Phillips for around the £35mil mark, although don't think he's THAT good....and honestly for that value, if we can get Bissouma I'd much rather him he has the dynamism we lack imo

Ah yeah wise after the event we should be signing if we were in for them at that price at the time you be one be saying we can do better! Maybe judge a player city buy after he has been with us and coached a few months before calling them not good enough before he comes through the door.

I would take philips but players we can target other than him around are (just for info)

Yves Bissouma (25) (30M)
Sergio Roberto(30) Free
Alex Witsel (33) Free
N'golo Kante (31) (25M)
Sergio Busquets(33) (20M)
Tanguy Ndombele(25) (30M)
Jorginho (30) (50M)
Declan Rice (23) (80M)
Ruben Neves (25) (50M)
80m for Declan Rice? Wake Up from your dream

Why? Completely different scenarios. One was an up and coming player unproven in big games and the other has recently been England player of the year and is mid 20s...
Love to see our fans doubting Phillips who performed well in high standards level like Euros Final. What can you ask for if Kalvin can join us.

I think he'll be brilliant if we can manage to get him. He's got everything needed in a midfielder - passing, aggression, awareness, ball carrying - as well as knowing the league already, and a few of the players from international duty then off the pitch seems like a good lad too.

Not to mention the fact he's been coached by Bielsa for a few years which can only stand him in good stead under Pep in terms of positioning on the pitch.

Not every signing needs to be from a big club and a statement one (see Zaba and Kompany for reference) for the player to be effective in what we need. He is a very good player now and under Pep's coaching, he'll excel to another level.

All supposedly at a bargain price? Get him in.

Ah yeah wise after the event we should be signing if we were in for them at that price at the time you be one be saying we can do better! Maybe judge a player city buy after he has been with us and coached a few months before calling them not good enough before he comes through the door.

I wouldn't put Bentancur as a benefit of hindsight signing.

£17M from Juventus, and MOTM performance at defensive midfield in the previous season's Copa Italia final.

Last I remember was him being adamant Ronaldo to City wasn't happening while all the reports coming out from journalists was that it was close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.