Kalvin Phillips | Joins City on a 6-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me, it feels like there's a squad quota angle to this one. We get Phillips, allow Sterling to leave if he wants to go and maintain the quota, allowing us to bring in a foreign forward.

Makes sense all round, even if there's probably better (foreign) midfielders on the market this year.

He is a player we are missing in midfield, someone who's aggressive in a Tackle. Rodri is amazing but he doesn't have that aggressive side to his game that Fernandinho gave us.

Kalvin has. He was asked by Ian Wright why does he play CDM, he said cause he likes to smash people in a challenge. He's got that aggressive side but also has the fernandinho passing range.

He's the perfect Fernandinho replacement really.
Sounds like we should be going for Lee Catermole or Jonjo Shelvey then!

Please make some suggestions.

I strongly feel that people underestimate the PL. The days of overseas players arriving and quickly dominating are long gone, it's by far the toughest league.

Ndombele was rated as a top player.
Keita was going to be a game changer.
City wanted Fred.

They've all achieved sweet fa.

Phillips would settle in immediately, be a stable long term backup and is a very good player. The Ake of DM. Nobody in world football is dislodging Rodri so this is exactly what we need.
Plus he'll only get better working with Pep

Not true. Don't compare a 27-year-old player from a nearly relegated side to Ruben Dias.
I'm not comparing them as players, I'm saying the fan reaction to Dias was similarly overwhelmingly negative

Have a look here, it's funny in hindsight

I'm not comparing them as players, I'm saying the fan reaction to Dias was similarly overwhelmingly negative

Hindsight is always easy, but this is especially hilarious. Apparently he had no pace, was too raw and was the new Mangala before he signed.

Lol that’s hysterical… hindsight makes genius’ of us all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.