Kalvin Phillips | Joins City on a 6-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
kalvin Philips is not coming in any less than 50-60M. But He is the only decent player out there, you have nothing to do. Peps r talking about alvarez from ajax and many more. PLS. You don't want to sign a Fred, these players can only perform in a team where there are no expectations. Similar with wingers or any kther position. A fine example is pepe of arsenal. I almost forgot that there is a player named nicolas pepe till now LMAO

Where did I say we had, but the boys who have turned up in recent years want every signing to be a huge superstar.

If Leeds want that amount then that is up to them. Value is determined by the seller and the buyer not no nothings on a football forum.
Definitely.

kalvin Philips is not coming in any less than 50-60M. But He is the only decent player out there, you have nothing to do. Peps r talking about alvarez from ajax and many more. PLS. You don't want to sign a Fred, these players can only perform in a team where there are no expectations. Similar with wingers or any kther position. A fine example is pepe of arsenal. I almost forgot that there is a player named nicolas pepe till now LMAO
Bro, me and@BrazilianBlue (Gus) have mentioned a lot of cheaper and better alternatives.

And for Grealish, one thing that went unnoticed is his performance in the final part of the season. Mainly due to the price tag and poor start, he did start to deliver tho, i am hopeful next season with him. And i am afraid he will push phil to the edges and might even end up replacing foden in the LW pos. Phil can play in the right as well tho. Let's all hope jack will be a great player and the 100 m will not go to waste

And I think sterling will leave this year or for free, i just don't see him signing a contract. Hope I'm wrong tho, suppose we sell him at least for £40 if not more, Gabby for 50, If ake leaves we want £50. Haaland mone came from ferran, so that's together 140M to buy a CB a CDM and a winger and that will be without investing a penny. So you see you don't have to worry about money.

I just showed some possibilities, don't take it seriously. It's just for example

View attachment 46117

You can cherry-pick stats to fuel almost any argument you want. Here's a comparison of Rodri and Phillips from 20/21 where Phillips comes out on top in most defensive stats. He also put in 77 crosses to Rod's 14, was dispossessed fewer times, and made five times as many big chances (5 to 1 according to the official Prem site).

Does this mean Phillips is better? Absolutely not. Do random pie chart comparisons of an injury-hit season mean he's crap? Absolutely not. They're different players at different clubs with totally different situations and styles.

I don't know why people are getting so worked up about this particular transfer possibility. And before Gus (who I also reluctantly put on ignore due to his attitude) starts coming back with "But this is a forum! We're allowed to debate!" - I completely agree.

It's perfectly fine to express an opinion, to suggest alternatives you think would be better, to doubt the transfer, and so on. What I, and I think a few others, have a problem with is the sneering, snide, bad faith attitude with which so many of those comments seem to be delivered. Throwing around words like "cultists" for people who have a different opinion to you or acting high and mighty because you "look at stats", as if others don't, or as if our own club's scouting department, who frankly have barely put a foot wrong since Pep arrived, are somehow a bunch of charlatans for even considering Phillips in the first place. The way some people comment in this thread, it almost sounds like they're hoping the lad does sign and then turns out to be crap, just so they can come back here and rub it in everyone's faces. It's a weird way to support the club, IMO.

It's just a shame. I'm not looking to start another argument here, as that's not what I visit the forum for. I enjoy debate and discussion and other ideas and mostly just read what others have to say and think about their ideas. But all of that becomes far less enjoyable when there's nastiness and attitudes going around.
Excellent comment

View attachment 46117

You can cherry-pick stats to fuel almost any argument you want. Here's a comparison of Rodri and Phillips from 20/21 where Phillips comes out on top in most defensive stats. He also put in 77 crosses to Rod's 14, was dispossessed fewer times, and made five times as many big chances (5 to 1 according to the official Prem site).

Does this mean Phillips is better? Absolutely not. Do random pie chart comparisons of an injury-hit season mean he's crap? Absolutely not. They're different players at different clubs with totally different situations and styles.

I don't know why people are getting so worked up about this particular transfer possibility. And before Gus (who I also reluctantly put on ignore due to his attitude) starts coming back with "But this is a forum! We're allowed to debate!" - I completely agree.

It's perfectly fine to express an opinion, to suggest alternatives you think would be better, to doubt the transfer, and so on. What I, and I think a few others, have a problem with is the sneering, snide, bad faith attitude with which so many of those comments seem to be delivered. Throwing around words like "cultists" for people who have a different opinion to you or acting high and mighty because you "look at stats", as if others don't, or as if our own club's scouting department, who frankly have barely put a foot wrong since Pep arrived, are somehow a bunch of charlatans for even considering Phillips in the first place. The way some people comment in this thread, it almost sounds like they're hoping the lad does sign and then turns out to be crap, just so they can come back here and rub it in everyone's faces. It's a weird way to support the club, IMO.

It's just a shame. I'm not looking to start another argument here, as that's not what I visit the forum for. I enjoy debate and discussion and other ideas and mostly just read what others have to say and think about their ideas. But all of that becomes far less enjoyable when there's nastiness and attitudes going around.
Agree but the fee is making me also reluctant to signing him. How important does City deem HG-status being? Or English?

Agree but the fee is making me also reluctant to signing him. How important does City deem HG-status being? Or English?
I don't think being English/HG is the be all and end all for the club, we know they're happy to recruit from further afield because they've done it loads. As long as we're comfortably hitting our HG quota then it's not hugely important (but Carson's out of contract this summer, and Raz looks like leaving this year or next, Walker's contract's up the year after and although he looks like he'll be fit forever, given his age an extension's not guaranteed...).

I think there's always an eye on the HG quota, and also on the idea that English players are less likely to suffer homesickness issues or difficulties settling, and if you get the ones with the right personalities then they can help the foreign players settle too, as well as pitch in with their share of media duties because there's no language barrier.

But the player has to be good enough, and Pep has to want him for what he can do on the pitch. We're not going to splash millions on a player because he's English, but when comparing two players of similar abilities the Englishness may be a slight draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.