Kalvin Phillips | Joins City on a 6-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to give pep longer extensions having the contract talk every year not healthy. Give him a contract to 2026 or sum

No idea, likely making sure the exit is as amicable as possible.

Leeds have offered him another pay rise but he's obviously ambitious.

I suppose we should remember we have five subs next summer, that should really work in the favour of purchases such as this.

Didn’t he reject a Premier League move while Leeds were in the Championship? I remember watching the Amazon documentary about it and he had pressure from family etc. to stay where he is because he’s obviously from there so he’s already stuck it out once, would be again?

This is one of the biggest moves in football right now so if he stays there, he’probably be there forever. Presuming they’re never relegated.

Yes, and Phillip opens the door to the two holders in certain games or to see games out, which Pep has been using Bernado for at the business end of this season. And I totally agree as well that the option to sub or rotate Rodri reduces the chances of injury/tiredness. Fernandinho, like pretty much all of our big stars, arguably stayed a year too long.

I believe two holders in Europe next season could see us take the final step, now we have Haaland up top!

I suppose we can't think too bad of City, we have stood by the likes of Aguero, Yaya, Fern, Vinny, Silva and Zabba until their last legs, more out of deserved loyalty.

Yes, and Phillip opens the door to the two holders in certain games or to see games out, which Pep has been using Bernado for at the business end of this season. And I totally agree as well that the option to sub or rotate Rodri reduces the chances of injury/tiredness. Fernandinho, like pretty much all of our big stars, arguably stayed a year too long.
or integrate McAtee as a #10 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.