Kalvin Phillips

Some good points no doubt. Could you elaborate on the "left high and dry by Pep" bit?

Well he's not exactly showing any degree of belief in him is he?

Phillips has been widely criticised by a lot of City fans, and has become a figure of fun for many fans of other clubs.

Where's Pep’s public support? Even if he hates the lad, he should at least give him a decent chance.

If the lad is 'bad' in training, work on his game. We've got more coaches than Network Rail - are they all unable to work with Phillips to help improve his game?

If it's psychological, where's Pep’s 'arm round the shoulder' technique?

From the public perspective, Phillips seems to have upset Pep, and has effectively been 'hung out to dry'. Not exactly the best example of man-management is it?

They seem to think Pep has influenced the fans perception of Phillips. I don't agree with the view expressed that fans have been gaslit to hate the lad. Most fans think he is a nice chap but perhaps not up to the task. His run in with Pep after the World Cup may have finished his season but we are under no obligation to give him game time if he is struggling badly. Maybe the club expected him to fit in easily and quickly like Kovatic, and to be available for selection/substitution immediately, not after serving an apprenticeship.
A few Leeds fans I have spoken to were not at all upset to see him leave. the general view was that he is over rated on the basis of one good tournament. That would be my view as well. I don't see him breaking into the team even if Rodri picks up a bad injury. He is by all accounts a decent lad and I hope he does well elsewhere.
I tend to agree. Pep may have been plugging away with him day in day out in training but maybe the step up is a bit too much for him. Really hope he comes good here but the clock is ticking a bit.

Phillips has been widely criticised by a lot of City fans, and has become a figure of fun for many fans of other clubs.

Where's Pep’s public support? Even if he hates the lad, he should at least give him a decent chance.

If the lad is 'bad' in training, work on his game. We've got more coaches than Network Rail - are they all unable to work with Phillips to help improve his game?

From the public perspective, Phillips seems to have upset Pep, and has effectively been 'hung out to dry'. Not exactly the best example of man-management is it?
Could've been coached to death- not responded. Could've had multiple arms round him- not responded. We don't know. Hung out to dry isn't what I'm seeing, but yes, maybe a bit more belief wouldn't go amiss.

Could've been coached to death- not responded. Could've had multiple arms round him- not responded. We don't know. Hung out to dry isn't what I'm seeing, but yes, maybe a bit more belief wouldn't go amiss.

Like most things in football, we'll speculate but we'll never actually know!

Said he wants to fight for his place, good enough for me.

Not for me,talk is cheap.

I'll believe him when Rodri is on the bench.
Agreed. For all the talk of fighting, I haven't seen much of it.

What I have seen is a series of sub-standard, half-assed displays that he laughed off.

I think the final straw for Pep was the Leicester game, where his introduction turned a comfortable 3-0 into a game where we were really hanging on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.