Kalvin Phillips

I'm not the one demanding players leave.

I'm open to players staying (including Cancelo) and hope BOTH the players and club do well.
I’m not demanding he leave either — I wish I had that power. I am saying that would be the best thing for the club. Better than leave the manager stuck with a player he doesn’t trust when the alternative already left. But… oh well

I’m not demanding he leave either — I wish I had that power. I am saying that would be the best thing for the club. Better than leave the manager stuck with a player he doesn’t trust when the alternative already left. But… oh well
No one on here is privy to Pep's conversations with Phillips with reference to his playing opportunities this coming season. Obviously, there was a trust element last season and time will tell if that still applies this season, however you would like to think the slate is wiped clean and KP will be given more game time than last season if he proves himself in training . Given Phillips lack of desire to leave, maybe Pep has indicated he still has a future at City.

Today was concerning.

After last season and all of his talk I expected a real level up, but he’s out there completely frozen.

Look I slated Rodri and Ake, so I get it that it takes time to bed in, and in Ake’s case it was certainly consecutive games. But neither of those looked this off of it.

I think he’s a career defining week ahead of him, I would be stunned if Pep sees two more performances like that and doesn’t move him on.

Phillips absolutely ran the show for Leeds. He was their Rodri.

Different circumstances at City, but there is still a good player in there.
He ran the show for Leeds when they played lesser teams, not when he played against the top six. There isn’t a good player in there - there’s an average one who should be playing for an average team where the pressure is less. He needs to go for his sake as well as ours.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.