Kalvin Phillips

A little positivity...

I'm seeing tons of comments on social media from Ipswich fans, who are genuinely thrilled that he's being linked.

Plenty of fans see him as an England level player who simply couldn't make it into the best team in world football. In the two seasons since he arrived at City, his main competition for a place has gone from being one of the best PL players, to being considered arguably the best player in the world.

Amazing if no loan fee and we are paying some wages still.

The amount of money that they will be receiving this season even if they finish bottom is eye watering.

If true, maybe we have negotiated a first option on future promising players or something similar that we wouldn't be privy to.
Now, Kalvin's stranded pretty near Norwich - just like you!

Good luck Kalv, assuming this is a done deal. Hope McKenna & Co can get a tune out of him, and he can get back to the player he used to be. I know it's very unpopular but I did wanna see him get one last shot here in his newly re-adopted role. Regardless we've moved quickly and decisively and we can all move on.

It's a shame for him that Bielsa is out of club football, the best thing for him would've been a reunion with El Loco. Anyways, this can only be a good thing for us and for him, it's money in the coffers and space for a rotation player to come in. For KP's part it's a chance to get regular playing time, reinvent himself and hopefully find form.

Interestingly this will mean there'll be at least four ex-City players in the 24-25 Ipswich squad. Muric, Slicker, Delap, and Phillips. I'll be keeping a close eye on all of 'em.

so next August we are in same situation with him? fuckin hell this transfer, we really cant get rid til he is free agent...
1. do they cover all of his wages (not sure Ipswich can afford that, would make him 3-5x higher salary than next best paid Ipswich player lol, as long as he is around 150K per week)
2. any loan fee?

surely he cannot have another horrible loan spell as at WHU, he had like negative energy on him, costing them red cards, goals, matches almost every time he got on pitch then a long injury.
He will be needed for our pre season tour City TV content next summer

Amazing if no loan fee and we are paying some wages still.

The amount of money that they will be receiving this season even if they finish bottom is eye watering.

If true, maybe we have negotiated a first option on future promising players or something similar that we wouldn't be privy to.
I agree. Ipswich come up to the league of milk and honey yet don’t seem to have any money to buy the lad. I know his wages are much higher than anyone they have but what are they doing with the PL money? Tight arsed

I agree. Ipswich come up to the league of milk and honey yet don’t seem to have any money to buy the lad. I know his wages are much higher than anyone they have but what are they doing with the PL money? Tight arsed
I am convinced that clubs are scared to death of the PSR rules, it seems like they get revised on a monthly basis and everyone is concerned about committing to deals that could leave them hamstrung by future rule changes.

their tiny fraction is vastly more than the average person...... its hardly work now is it?

Why should he compare himself to the average person? He isn't average. He's 28 and he's pulling in £8 million a year. He's a king.

"It's hardly work" - ok you go and do it then. You've got exceptional professional integrity and Kalvin Phillips is a lesser person, I'm sure you'll find it easy.

Wish him all the best, obv didn’t work out for him with us but it really pisses me off when I see blues calling him shit, he’s a prem lg player who’s played for England on a regular basis, he’s a million miles off being a “shit” player, he’s just not at our elite level, hope he re-discovers his Leeds form at Ipswich

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.