Kamala Harris

And that’s the system they’re dealing with.
I’ve had it explained to me that the real care of local policy and where the power lies is in the equivalent of our local elections.
I don have much time for their presidential elections or the totally subjective media covering it.

But it is what it is and it is what is being discussed here and you still haven’t answered my question.

If you had a vote, who would you vote for.

IF I had an option, mine would go down ballot and write in Dave Chapelle for the gen election.
In reality, Jill Stein would get the vote.

Thanks.
And does the vote count?
Here if you wrote a name down that isn’t on the ballot, it’s a spoilt vote, so I’m genuinely ignorant here and would like to understand correctly.

Here's a link which shows a table of people officially on the ballots at the last election and the write up candidates. Usual suspects like Deez Nuts are on there.

So if I understand correctly, you would spoil your vote?
Have I got that right?

Voting for Stein wouldn't be a 'spoiled vote'.

It would be a vote nearest my values.

If I support the survival of Palestine and the lifting of the Working Class, why would my vote go to any other that doesn't support those views?

Here's a link which shows a table of people officially on the ballots at the last election and the write up candidates. Usual suspects like Deez Nuts are on there.
Thanks again I’ve learnt a bit more tonight.

In response to @Bigga I’m not judging here. If the names you mentioned are on the ballot in your state then absolutely vote for whoever you choose.
That’s the point of voting and I think I understand your first answer better now.

You said you would write the name in, which indicates to me that you would spoil your vote if that wasn’t a choice on the ballot. However, that may be possible in some states, I understand.

That too is a valid option and plenty of people here do that in our own elections.
It does seem a futile exercise but then again voting for anyone other than the two main candidates probably is a futile exercise anyway.

I have no idea how you change the system in America of nothing but a two party possibility.

We have two main parties here in Ireland that have always dominated but we also have proportional representation which means in any constituency you have a list of people from various different political persuasions that have a real possibility of making it into parliament.
Coalitions are regular occurrences for the formation of governments which, I believe means that your individual vote, no matter who for, really does count.

Last edited:
Thanks again I’ve learnt a bit more tonight.

In response to @Bigga I’m not judging here. If the names you mentioned are on the ballot in your state then absolutely vote for whoever you choose.
That’s the point of voting and I think I understand your first answer better now.

You said you would write the name in, which indicates to me that you would spoil your vote if that wasn’t a choice on the ballot. However, that may be possible in some states, I understand.

That too is a valid option and plenty of people here do that in our own elections.
It does seem a futile exercise but then again voting for anyone other than the two main candidates probably is a futile exercise anyway.

I have no idea how you change the system in America of nothing but a two party possibility.

We have two main parties here in Ireland that have always dominated but we also have proportional representation which means in any constituency you have a list of people from various different political persuasions that have a real possibility of making it into parliament.
Coalitions are regular occurrences for the formation of governments which, I believe means that your individual vote, no matter who for, really does count.

You misrepresent my position and I've stated it many times before; I dislike the neolib/ con system of the West as it's fucked up many a country at the expense of the Working Class. That's via wage suppression, health and wars on both sides of the Atlantic.

I don't vote in US or UK politics; I don't vote in general elections, full stop.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.