Kamala Harris

A phone call to stop or withhold funding would bring Netanyahu to heel, so explain why the US politicians are reluctant to do so?
Would you agree that Harris currently has no authority to make that phone call?

I've just seen a Republican ad criticising her for being anti Israel. And while I don't think she is, I think she does have issues with Israels current approach. And of the two candidates is IMO the more likely to do something about it.

I just question whether we are ready for a female leader of the free world despite Hilary laying much of the groundwork? At present Putin can more or less get away with annexing sovereign states without too many consequences. By January he may find himself in a position where for a few days every month, just getting the desert spoons and tea spoons mixed up in the cutlery draw or forgetting to put the bins out could start a global conflagration.
We've all been there.
The consequences for Putin of annexing sovereign states include the destruction of his own economy.

It is amazing that people keep peddling that “Trump was a peacemaker” nonsense.

His enablement of Netanyahu, Putin, and Kim, and provocations with Xi, alone setup much of what we are seeing now.

And those are just the most dangerous dictators and tyrants he loves and wants to support. He has openly praised (and met with) many more.

Trump will only “stop” the wars in Ukraine and Palestine/Lebanon by forcing the Ukrainians and Palestinians/Lebanese to unconditionally surrender. He and cronies/habdlers will do everything in their power to support Putin and Netanyahu to do whatever the fuck they want.

Am I happy with Biden-Harris’ approach to the genocide in Palestine and now illegal war in Lebanon? No, I am not.

But do I think there is a chance that she can actually be influenced (or forced) in to changing policy and action? Yes.

There is absolutely no chance of that happening with Trump. And what he’ll do otherwise will likely degrade not only US democracy, but democracy around the world.

And for those that keep saying everyone should vote for Stein: she is a spoiler and will never be president.

A vote for Stein is a vote for Trump, just as it was in 2016, along with Johnson.

Last edited:

I've just seen a Republican ad criticising her for being anti Israel. And while I don't think she is, I think she does have issues with Israels current approach. And of the two candidates is IMO the more likely to do something about it.
Will she though? The power the Israeli lobby groups wield in American politics is off the fuckin scale. Don't forget you had the Mass Murderer Netanyahu getting One of the longest standing ovations by Congress in history recently. I hope she can prove me wrong and put an end to the endless weopens being sent over but I just can't see it.

Will she though? The power the Israeli lobby groups wield in American politics is off the fuckin scale. Don't forget you had the Mass Murderer Netanyahu getting One of the longest standing ovations by Congress in history recently. I hope she can prove me wrong and put an end to the endless weopens being sent over but I just can't see it.
I don't know if she will, and I'm conscious that things like this are often a lot more complex than people make out.

So I doubt we'll see a cutting of all funding, that would probably result in the end of Israel. But she has been critical of their actions, and more vocal in support of Palestinian rights than I've seen before.

And like I said, the Republican side is attacking her in ads for being anti Israel. They also attacked her for skipping the Netanyahu speech in Congress, as did many Democrats.

You do realise he was President for 4 years and didn't cause any wars. Yet Harris is part of the current regime that under 2 wars have started. I mean I don't like Trump anymore than the next person, but it's like people have amnesia and forget he already was in office, and did none of these things they are claiming he will.
Fact check needed.

Correct. You cannot split hairs on it, like you are attempting to do.

A phone call to stop or withhold funding would bring Netanyahu to heel, so explain why the US politicians are reluctant to do so?

Your blinkered view fails to see I regard the same view of BOTH parties, but I see the Wolf in Trump cos he's open in his intentions. It's the Dems that play dress up in Sheep clothing.

For some reason, you fail to see that.
Bigga, no US politician is probably making that call. So while I understand where the far left is coming from, I think they are cutting of their nose to spite their face.

To me they are no different than Never Trump Republicans. There is an ideological battle here, and all lefties are probably best served supporting Harris. Just like all conservatives are best served supporting Trump.

You don't have to like either, but the present and long-term consequences are dire if you cut your nose to spite your face

Which a lot on both sides seem to be doing. But I guess that's the beauty of Freedom for you

You do realise he was President for 4 years and didn't cause any wars. Yet Harris is part of the current regime that under 2 wars have started. I mean I don't like Trump anymore than the next person, but it's like people have amnesia and forget he already was in office, and did none of these things they are claiming he will.
That’s such a bullshit claim.
When wars start around the globe they are not instigated by the US President.

If you think Putin wouldn’t have invaded Ukraine if Trump was president you’re delusional. Trump is on record as saying Putin was a genius for doing it. The only difference is that Trump would have done his utmost to withhold support for Ukraine leaving the country to be overrun by the Russians.

Similarly do you think the US President held any sway with Hamas when they launched their attack a year ago. The difference here is that Trump would have given Israel the green light to cause even more destruction and kill more people in Gaza if that’s possible.

$5M in support from AIPAC says you're wrong...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.