Kamala Harris

Having seen all the Harris-Walz clips from today, she’s going to have to be careful he doesn’t start to overshadow her. (Heard it here first!)

He’s a very confident, competent bear of a man, with a quick wit and an easy laugh. She has to show she is serious, measured, but possesses the strong humanity to be the strong, female leader that America can see behind the Resolute Desk in the Oval Office.

The really good thing to see today has been a strong, sensible, plain-spoken, service-centric, white midwestern male standing alongside an Indian-Jamaican American woman who has climbed the political ladder, from bussed child to lawyer to prosecutor to Senator to VP to nominee for President.

The American Dream is alive and well in the Democratic Party and America is about to see the future is bright and we are NOT GOING BACK to the CHAOS THAT TRUMP ATTRACTS AND PROMOTES, likes Munchausen by proxy mental case!

Walz makes the arrogant choice of JD Vance an even bigger mistake than it was when he made it! Yale lawyer, VC baby and Thiel sycophant, and author of Hillbilly Elegy…err, OK! And what about service? Any legislative achievements? Or, are you just a Never Trumper whose wet finger told him Trump Sycophant and newly minted MAGAt was the way to make money???

If the Dems do this right, they’re going to peel off moderate, MAGA-phobic Republicans, who have zero desire to see a return to the chaos that surrounds Trump and the Heritage Foundation promoted Project 2025 manifesto of Constitutional destruction to come.

There is a large population of moderate Republicans who MIGHT see Tim Walz and the moderate policies he espouses, and see themselves and their beliefs illustrated far more than in Trump & Vance.

The ballot box is a strange place, where people make a very personal decision they don’t have to discuss, or can even lie about depending on who is asking. Harris-Walz be the ticket that elicits that response for millions of non-MAGA Republicans who do not see themselves or their beliefs reflected by Trump-Vance.

Last edited:
Having seen all the Harris-Walz clips from today, she’s going to have to be careful he doesn’t start to overshadow her. (Heard it here first!)

He’s a very competent, competent bear of a man, with a quick wit and an easy laugh. She has to show she is serious, measured, but possesses the strong humanity to be the strong, female leader that America can see behind the Resolute Desk in the Oval Office.

The really good thing to see today has been a strong, sensible, plain-spoken, service-centric, white midwestern male standing alongside an Indian-Jamaican American woman who has climbed the political ladder, from bussed child to lawyer to prosecutor to Senator to VP to nominee for President.

The American Dream is alive and well in the Democratic Party and America is about to see the future is bright and we are NOT GOING BACK to the CHAOS THAT TRUMP ATTRACTS AND PROMOTES, likes Munchausen by proxy mental case!

Walz makes the arrogant choice of JD Vance an even bigger mistake than it was when he made it! Yale lawyer, VC baby and Thiel sycophant, and author of Hillbilly Elegy…err, OK! And what about service? Any legislative achievements? Or, are you just a Never Trumper whose wet finger told him Trump Sycophant and newly minted MAGAt was the way to make money???

If the Dems do this right, they’re going to peel off moderate, MAGA-phobic Republicans, who have zero desire to see a return to the chaos that surrounds Trump and the Heritage Foundation promoted Project 2025 manifesto of Constitutional destruction to come.

There is a large population of moderate Republicans who MIGHT see Tim Walz and the moderate policies he espouses, and see themselves and their beliefs illustrated far more than in Trump & Nance.

The ballot box is a strange place, where people make a very personal decision they don’t have to discuss, or can even lie about depending on who is asking. Harris-Walz be the ticket that elicits that response for millions of non-MAGA Republicans who do not see themselves or their beliefs reflected by Trump-Nance.
Vance.

Errrr . . . I hate to break this to you, chum, but just because I don't care what you -- specifically, you -- think doesn't mean I don't care what other people -- including those on your "side" -- think.
Right! Still lying to yourself. Lol.

He’s a very competent, competent bear of a man, with a quick wit and an easy laugh. She has to show she is serious, measured, but possesses the strong humanity to be the strong, female leader that America can see behind the Resolute Desk in the Oval Office.

There is a large population of moderate Republicans who MIGHT see Tim Walz and the moderate policies he espouses, and see themselves and their beliefs illustrated far more than in Trump & Nance.

The ballot box is a strange place, where people make a very personal decision they don’t have to discuss, or can even lie about depending on who is asking. Harris-Walz be the ticket that elicits that response for millions of non-MAGA Republicans who do not see themselves or their beliefs reflected by Trump-Nance.
Agree with this. I knew nothing of walz before yesterday. I've now seen some of his social media stuff, read some quotes, interviews and stuff and the more you see the more you like him.

Overall he has a very assured, confident and positive vibe. A polar opposite to Trump and the maga world.

Only downside is his age at 60 which is not a problem for now but if you assume Harris will do 8 years then he would be 68 by the time he might get a shot at the top job. It's not a pressing issue now but in an ideal world a vp would be 50 ish so they are a good age to step up at the right time.

I can do a whole ranking if you like :)

I love all those too save Philly (my wife's from there; that's probably influenced me!). I've lots of friends in Boston (rabid, lunatic sports town also) and Nashville is really, really fun. I personally really love Washington DC.

I can tell you the rumors of SF's demise are also greatly exaggerated, though its been slower to get on its feet since COVID.

I believe a certain other regular poster in these forums will agree with me that -- hands down, not remotely close -- the most underrated town in the USA is Pittsburgh.
Yes, love DC too. Been there twice as well.

Noted about Pittsburgh!

I can do a whole ranking if you like :)

I love all those too save Philly (my wife's from there; that's probably influenced me!). I've lots of friends in Boston (rabid, lunatic sports town also) and Nashville is really, really fun. I personally really love Washington DC.

I can tell you the rumors of SF's demise are also greatly exaggerated, though its been slower to get on its feet since COVID.

I believe a certain other regular poster in these forums will agree with me that -- hands down, not remotely close -- the most underrated town in the USA is Pittsburgh.

Pittsburgh? My only memory of Pittsburgh was driving through on the freeway and getting caught up in a swarm of enormous fruit flies, and I mean big. Windscreen wipers didn't help as you can imagine. Anyway, we took the hint, put our foot down and kept going.

Agree with this. I knew nothing of walz before yesterday. I've now seen some of his social media stuff, read some quotes, interviews and stuff and the more you see the more you like him.

Overall he has a very assured, confident and positive vibe. A polar opposite to Trump and the maga world.

Only downside is his age at 60 which is not a problem for now but if you assume Harris will do 8 years then he would be 68 by the time he might get a shot at the top job. It's not a pressing issue now but in an ideal world a vp would be 50 ish so they are a good age to step up at the right time.

When Walz is 68 , Trump would be 86

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.