Kamala Harris

The DNC is going to be in Chicago too…hope she is prepared or history might repeat itself…

Good to hear that, one of my favourite places even though they ruined the Wharf.
I can assure you -- no San Franciscan goes to the Wharf. Nor do we spend much time in North Beach or Chinatown (though were I a tourist I would because they are cool). We don't go to Alcatraz either, but it is a fascinating place.

What visitors should do is dress warm, and then spend as much time as possible (it will take days) doing everything there is to do and seeing every inch of Golden Gate Park. There are few parks in any city on earth as good or as diverse, from the California Academy of Sciences museum (one of the best of its kind) to the DeYoung art museum to the Japanese Tea Garden to the Arboretum to Strawberry Lake to the miles of walking/biking trails to the buffalo paddocks to the windmills on the beach.

And then instead of Muir Woods (though it is amazing), go to Mount Tam. I have a 6-7 miler that might be the best hike on the planet -- ocean views, then into the redwoods, up a waterfall-filled creek then back over to the south side for views of San Francisco.

I can assure you -- no San Franciscan goes to the Wharf. Nor do we spend much time in North Beach or Chinatown (though were I a tourist I would because they are cool). We don't go to Alcatraz either, but it is a fascinating place.

What visitors should do is dress warm, and then spend as much time as possible (it will take days) doing everything there is to do and seeing every inch of Golden Gate Park. There are few parks in any city on earth as good or as diverse, from the California Academy of Sciences museum (one of the best of its kind) to the DeYoung art museum to the Japanese Tea Garden to the Arboretum to Strawberry Lake to the miles of walking/biking trails to the buffalo paddocks to the windmills on the beach.

And then instead of Muir Woods (though it is amazing), go to Mount Tam. I have a 6-7 miler that might be the best hike on the planet -- ocean views, then into the redwoods, up a waterfall-filled creek then back over to the south side for views of San Francisco.
Each time you describe areas of SF I ache to go back (you'll notice one in my username!).

I did visit Golden Gate park (and other toursit places) but loved just stomping up and down those hills.
This was when the UK didn't really have any of that 'hip' culture (the coffee bars that are now in abundance) really.

I remember visiting a bar (forget which one) and ended up making some friends (some ex pats, some locals) and ended up at a party in one of those huge houses with the bay windows you see everywhere in the city.

I did enjoy the Alcatraz trip (and the movie was playing at the hostel one night, which was surreal).
Vertigo, set in the city, remains one of my favourite movies.

Love this map:
5de674bc5755acb03466100f_SFNeighborhoodMap.jpg

Each time you describe areas of SF I ache to go back (you'll notice one in my username!).

I did visit Golden Gate park (and other toursit places) but loved just stomping up and down those hills.
This was when the UK didn't really have any of that 'hip' culture (the coffee bars that are now in abundance) really.

I remember visiting a bar (forget which one) and ended up making some friends (some ex pats, some locals) and ended up at a party in one of those huge houses with the bay windows you see everywhere in the city.

I did enjoy the Alcatraz trip (and the movie was playing at the hostel one night, which was surreal).
Vertigo, set in the city, remains one of my favourite movies.

Love this map:
5de674bc5755acb03466100f_SFNeighborhoodMap.jpg
That’s a good map. I used to live right where the Haight, Cole Valley and the Castro meet. Went to high school in the outer Sunset. Still work in the Financial District but live across the GGB in Marin County. I drive across it 2x a day!

That’s a good map. I used to live right where the Haight, Cole Valley and the Castro meet.

Can I tell you two SF connoisseurs about the gorgeous twin sisters from Berkeley with flowers in their hair who sat either side of me on a cable car ... ?

Can I tell you two SF connoisseurs about the gorgeous twin sisters from Berkeley with flowers in their hair who sat either side of me on a cable car ... ?
“If you’re going to San Francisco,
Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair”
One for the FOCs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.