Kamala Harris

Co-founder of Silver Lake, one of City's investors of course, just endorsed Harris in a letter signed by 88 US business leaders.

Foggy, what are your confidence levels like at the moment regarding how this election will go.
I’m just back from a few days in the West of Ireland at a family wedding and I had a good chat with my niece and her husband who are academics not business people, in Philadelphia.
I got the impression from them that Phillie is an important swing state but they are confident that Trump will not get it.

The overriding feeling I got from both of them is that what you see in the news of one persuasion or the other, is the poles of opinion. It accounts for about 20% maximum at either end of the scales and that the sixty percent in the undecided category, certainly in their circles, are sick of the Trump lies. In fact my nieces husband hates Trump and everything he stands for with a passion.

They both are confident that America in general feels the same and that people will turn out to vote against him. There is an element of ABT. Anyone but Trump. But it also seems that they want to finally put a nail in the coffin of what they see is behind him.

Are you as confident?
I did put to them, that he has already indicated that he won’t accept defeat and is stirring revolt. They see that too, but feel the state will go hard on that.

Thoughts?

Foggy, what are your confidence levels like at the moment regarding how this election will go.
I’m just back from a few days in the West of Ireland at a family wedding and I had a good chat with my niece and her husband who are academics not business people, in Philadelphia.
I got the impression from them that Phillie is an important swing state but they are confident that Trump will not get it.

The overriding feeling I got from both of them is that what you see in the news of one persuasion or the other, is the poles of opinion. It accounts for about 20% maximum at either end of the scales and that the sixty percent in the undecided category, certainly in their circles, are sick of the Trump lies. In fact my nieces husband hates Trump and everything he stands for with a passion.

They both are confident that America in general feels the same and that people will turn out to vote against him. There is an element of ABT. Anyone but Trump. But it also seems that they want to finally put a nail in the coffin of what they see is behind him.

Are you as confident?
I did put to them, that he has already indicated that he won’t accept defeat and is stirring revolt. They see that too, but feel the state will go hard on that.

Thoughts?
I am not as confident but I do suspect there is an underground well of anger and exhaustion over Trump that isn’t being reflected in broader media tales about the election that exists among high-propensity voters and may show itself at the ballot box. I’d bet red-leaning-purple states — FL, TX and NC — may end up closer than people think but I suspect others like GA and NV go back to Trump, so Harris needs to do well in the Midwest. and I think she will. I’d bet PA decides it actually. AZ I could see going to Harris -- the Kari Lake thing is a negative for Trump. AZ, NV and FL among battleground states have "abortion protection" state constitutional amendment initiatives which could help blue turnout too.

I'd add as an ardent ABTer I am heartened by Harris' energy, even though I have personal concerns about her executive ability and don't agree with her on some policy issues. I don't think she is going to make an especially effective leader if she wins, but I could be wrong. I also think Trump is running in 2028 if he survives so I don't expect much change in the MAGA narrative. No healing is forthcoming. The GOP is completely broken.

But I live in several different gated communities (apparently) so I am out of touch :)

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.