Karim Rekik joins PSV on loan.

I've watched PSV 4 times this season, Rekik has barely put a foot wrong. A few rash challenges and one or two moments where he could position/anticipate a bit better, but that's all to do with experience, not ability.

I find it unexpressibly baffling how someone could write him off at this stage given how obviously good he is.

Not big enough for centre half. Not good enough for full back. Not good enough for us and our club knows it. Don't be fooled in thinking this is to help him develop. He won't be back here. I will stay on the Lopes bandwagon but I'm jumping of this one now.

salfordpaul said:
Not big enough for centre half.

He's taller than Thiago Silva, one of the world's best, and obviously at 18 hasn't filled out yet bulk-wise. You're almost willing him to be a failure which is quite sad to be honest. Writing off a player aged *EIGHTEEN* and playing in the Champions League and called up for the Dutch national squad is pretty pathetic.

salfordpaul said:
Not big enough for centre half.

Considering he is slightly taller than Laurent Koscielny and has only just turned 18, which means he has another 2-3 years of growing left, I'd say your wide of the mark.

salfordpaul said:
Not big enough for centre half. Not good enough for full back. Not good enough for us and our club knows it. Don't be fooled in thinking this is to help him develop. He won't be back here. I will stay on the Lopes bandwagon but I'm jumping of this one now.

I don't think so.

salfordpaul said:
What leads you to say the club says he isn't good enough?

CTID101 said:
salfordpaul said:
What leads you to say the club says he isn't good enough?
He must be on the wind-up, wtf went wrong for you today salford...

salfordpaul said:

I kind of agree regarding his height but he has 3 more years of growth he could easily add another 3 to 4 inches

waspish said:
salfordpaul said:

I kind of agree regarding his height but he has 3 more years of growth he could easily add another 3 to 4 inches

He's not short, though, it just might look that way because he is still quite thin being 18. He's 1.86 meters tall which is pretty much the exact same height as Terry and Chiellini.

No! I would love to see him back and make it with us. I just don't see it and don't think he'll be back or ever play for us that's all. I have no knowledge so I admit this may read premature or unfair I just don't see it through my eyes. He doesn't look top class to me and that's what it's gonna take we all know that. I only really see attacking players like lopes and pozo coz I think opportunities for them will be better as forwards often don't finish games and do full 90's always and are often replaced when game is won often with a goal in the bag and kept fresh for next game. This does not happen so much with centre backs hence the opportunities being less and no breakthrough. Certainly no disgrace at our club but I think talented attackers are more likely to grab substitute minutes than talented defenders.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.