Karim Rekik joins PSV on loan.

Rekik received a call for the Dutch national team by Van Gaal. It shows how good a form Rekik showed so far, and ... how mediocre the level of the current Dutch defensive line. I mean, Rekik is a loan-player, 18, and has only finished 5 competative matches with 1 that really did count (vs AC Milan and Balotelli, in which he played a sober yet faultless role). How on earth can you get a call based on these stats? Amazing. Nice for the lad though.

salfordpaul said:
Not big enough for centre half. Not good enough for full back. Not good enough for us and our club knows it. Don't be fooled in thinking this is to help him develop. He won't be back here. I will stay on the Lopes bandwagon but I'm jumping of this one now.

18 year old Rekik is 6.1ft, for comparison here's a few other CBs and their respective heights:

Ramos is 6ft
Terry is 6.1ft
Chiellini is 6.1ft
Thiago Silva is 6ft
Kolo Toure is 6ft

If height is the only problem you can find with this guy I think we'll be okay.

salfordpaul said:
No! I would love to see him back and make it with us. I just don't see it and don't think he'll be back or ever play for us that's all. I have no knowledge so I admit this may read premature or unfair I just don't see it through my eyes. He doesn't look top class to me and that's what it's gonna take we all know that. I only really see attacking players like lopes and pozo coz I think opportunities for them will be better as forwards often don't finish games and do full 90's always and are often replaced when game is won often with a goal in the bag and kept fresh for next game. This does not happen so much with centre backs hence the opportunities being less and no breakthrough. Certainly no disgrace at our club but I think talented attackers are more likely to grab substitute minutes than talented defenders.
About the only bit I've agreed with you so far on this particular subject.

MC ID said:
salfordpaul said:
Not big enough for centre half. Not good enough for full back. Not good enough for us and our club knows it. Don't be fooled in thinking this is to help him develop. He won't be back here. I will stay on the Lopes bandwagon but I'm jumping of this one now.

18 year old Rekik is 6.1ft, for comparison here's a few other CBs and their respective heights:

Ramos is 6ft
Terry is 6.1ft
Chiellini is 6.1ft
Thiago Silva is 6ft
Kolo Toure is 6ft

Lets not forget Fabio Cannavaro
1.76 m (5 ft 9 in)[

eversince 76 said:
Rekik received a call for the Dutch national team by Van Gaal. It shows how good a form Rekik showed so far, and ... how mediocre the level of the current Dutch defensive line. I mean, Rekik is a loan-player, 18, and has only finished 5 competative matches with 1 that really did count (vs AC Milan and Balotelli, in which he played a sober yet faultless role). How on earth can you get a call based on these stats? Amazing. Nice for the lad though.
The two matches are against Estonia and Andorra, excellent matches to at least expose him to the full NT setup if not get some actual game time.<br /><br />-- Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:22 pm --<br /><br />
Fallingbostel Blue said:
MC ID said:
salfordpaul said:

Ramos is 6ft
Terry is 6.1ft
Chiellini is 6.1ft
Thiago Silva is 6ft
Kolo Toure is 6ft

1.76 m (5 ft 9 in)[
And considering Richards is only 5"11' but people are happy for him to be considered.

Please just go and watch the Milan game for you haven't yet Paul and make sure you tune in for the reverse fixture

To be fair to SalfordPaul I watched Rekik for the EDS a few times and he was poor in a couple of games. He has no pace neither. I'm yet to be convinced he'll be top class.

However, I've seen him play very well too and gave Balotelli a few kicks the other night as well as performing with just two mistakes (one was not closing down a shot quickly enough, the other was a bad miss), he didn't shy away from anything so he's not a meek lad. In each of his first grade appearances I've seen for City and PSV he's been solid. Nothing spectacular but good enough to impress me.

I will hold off on saying "he will be...[this or that]", and will give him a season with PSV and a season with us before I judge him properly.

ColinLee said:
eversince 76 said:
The two matches are against Estonia and Andorra, excellent matches to at least expose him to the full NT setup if not get some actual game time.

-- Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:22 pm --

Fallingbostel Blue said:
MC ID said:

Ramos is 6ft
Terry is 6.1ft
Chiellini is 6.1ft
Thiago Silva is 6ft
Kolo Toure is 6ft

1.76 m (5 ft 9 in)[
And considering Richards is only 5"11' but people are happy for him to be considered.

He's also 5"11' wide.

He reads the game very well,a lack of blistering pace is compensated for by his footballing brain,he is also brave and committed.

Regarding his physique,he is very athletic and has a strong solid frame,he is far from skinny as has been mentioned on here.

Still 18,far too early to judge his final potential but the signs are good imo.

Bruma looks a class act alongside him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.