Karim Rekik joins PSV on loan.

Fallingbostel Blue said:
MC ID said:
salfordpaul said:
Not big enough for centre half. Not good enough for full back. Not good enough for us and our club knows it. Don't be fooled in thinking this is to help him develop. He won't be back here. I will stay on the Lopes bandwagon but I'm jumping of this one now.

18 year old Rekik is 6.1ft, for comparison here's a few other CBs and their respective heights:

Ramos is 6ft
Terry is 6.1ft
Chiellini is 6.1ft
Thiago Silva is 6ft
Kolo Toure is 6ft

If height is the only problem you can find with this guy I think we'll be okay.

Lets not forget Fabio Cannavaro
1.76 m (5 ft 9 in)[

Don't forget Ivan Cordoba 1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)
and Nelson Vivas 1.66 m (5 ft 5 1⁄2 in) , 39 Appearance for Argentina NT.

AC Milan vs PSV 2nd leg starts in 45 mins (first leg 1-1).

Rekik in the starting line-up.
Zoet; Brenet, Bruma, Rekik, Willems; Wijnaldum, Schaars, Maher; Park, Matavz, Depay

If Balotelli starts with his fuckig antics again tonight I hope Karim gives the cünt another good kick like he did last week. He played quite well last week overall. Nothing spectacukar, but solid. Missed a fuckin sitter and nearly let someone have a clear shot on goal near the end as he didn't close them down. But other than that he was fine. Hopefully they can get a 2-2 draw or win and go through and knock Milan out. Will be great for the lad to play CL football!

PSV Eindhoevn fan for the evening again. As a team I thought they were fantastic last week. Really could have had a one or two goal lead going into this second leg. That Adam Maher was sensational in midfield, best player on the pitch by far.

Milan won 3-0; anyone see the game? Anyone know how Karim played?

I only caught highlights cause my satalite was in and out. Made it impossible to watch. He didn't look like he was responsable for any of the goals. Maybe a little on the first. The midfield left a lot of space for Boateng to get into just outside the 18. Rekik tried to close him down but he couldn't make up the ground in time before the shot. Maybe he could have recognised a bit quicker but really the midfield should have been doing thier job better. Not sure if he was moved out to LB later cause on the last goal he was pretty far out on the left outside the 18 and there were 2 defenders in the box trying to defend. Maybe the were just caught out of position. Hard to tell just watching the goals.

MC ID said:
salfordpaul said:
Not big enough for centre half. Not good enough for full back. Not good enough for us and our club knows it. Don't be fooled in thinking this is to help him develop. He won't be back here. I will stay on the Lopes bandwagon but I'm jumping of this one now.

18 year old Rekik is 6.1ft, for comparison here's a few other CBs and their respective heights:

Ramos is 6ft
Terry is 6.1ft
Chiellini is 6.1ft
Thiago Silva is 6ft
Kolo Toure is 6ft

If height is the only problem you can find with this guy I think we'll be okay.

Puyol 5.10 ft
Carvalho 6 ft
Nesta 6.2 ft
Koscielny 6.1 ft
Pepe 6.2 ft
Chiellini 6.1 ft
Vermaelen 6 ft
Mascherano 5.9 ft
Cordoba 5.7 ft

Looking further back:

Cannavaro 5.9 ft
Beckenbauer 5.11 ft
Baresi 5.9 ft
Ruud Krol 6.1 ft
Passarella 5.8 ft
Desailly 6 ft
Koeman 6 ft
Hierro 6.2 ft

Mr. Aguia said:
I only caught highlights cause my satalite was in and out. Made it impossible to watch. He didn't look like he was responsable for any of the goals. Maybe a little on the first. The midfield left a lot of space for Boateng to get into just outside the 18. Rekik tried to close him down but he couldn't make up the ground in time before the shot. Maybe he could have recognised a bit quicker but really the midfield should have been doing thier job better. Not sure if he was moved out to LB later cause on the last goal he was pretty far out on the left outside the 18 and there were 2 defenders in the box trying to defend. Maybe the were just caught out of position. Hard to tell just watching the goals.
Cheers mate. Playing against top class opposition like Milan can only have helped his development and it sounds like he had an ok game in the main, which is good to hear.

Mr. Aguia said:
He was still CB but PSV had pushed right up at that point to chase the game. Love the way they play but they leave their defence really exposed at times. Was the best out of the two CBs tonight IMO, won a couple of 'last man ' battles with Ballo too. His passing seemed really good for most parts.
Think this was the fisrt game they've lost all season defence can't be too bad?

strongbowholic said:

I watched the game. He played well, not responsible for any of the goals and looked impressive. He did though put in a studs showing tackle into balos leg that could have seen him get at least a yellow if it wasn't for balo staying on his feet and not milking it.

Barcon said:
strongbowholic said:

I watched the game. He played well, not responsible for any of the goals and looked impressive. He did though put in a studs showing tackle into balos leg that could have seen him get at least a yellow if it wasn't for balo staying on his feet and not milking it.

I agree and he had some great through balls to the right wing as well. Another solid game for Rekik against a tough opposition.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.