KDB or David Silva?

Compare Silva to a first love, I’ve watched City a long time and considered myself blessed to watch Kinkladze and Benarbia.

However, when Silva found his feet I realised he was leagues ahead of anything I had ever seen.

De Bruyne is arguably a better midfielder and more effective, but there was an ease with Silva the way he turned away from the press.

I loved Aguero to and Haaland as you say if he stays around, but it’s the midfielders that I’ve always enjoyed watching the most (possibly because I played there), I enjoy a great assist or team goal.

The one who could surpass for me, is Foden when he comes inside. I think we have only seen half of what he can offer and he will be involved in these conversations.
Good point about Phil.. but silva could control the whole team and he did.

Both absolutely unbelievable players. We are lucky to have witnessed both players in a Blue Shirt. Watching them both in the same team was magical. The way I see it:

Silva controlled games
KDB wins games

Silva easier on the eye.
KDB brutally destroys teams with power and creativity.

KDB has undoubtedly been the best player in his position in the world for the last 5 years.
Silva was never the best in his position in the world in his career.

KDB has won Player of the Year in this Country twice. Silva never did (to the fact he was so underrated and overlooked).

The way I define it is that David Silva was on Iniesta's level, but KDB is sat on the same Table as Zinedine Zidane, so I'd take KDB. For me, he's the best player we've ever had and the best midfielder this country has ever seen.

Last edited:
David Silva. Both can control games but David Silva has the better control. Especially in tight spaces.

Last edited:
De Bruyne for me but both incredible

KDB just pulls some things like assists out of the bag that I couldn't imagine anyone player in the world could do.

On another note, it's only 3 years since David Silva left, it seems like a lifetime ago to me.

Good point about Phil.. but silva could control the whole team and he did.
Spot on. Silva was amazing but at times it was the simplicity of his play that set him apart. Obviously he was truly gifted but a few (not many)other players had his technical ability but couldn’t run a game like he could.

On a much lesser level of where we were at back in the day. Berkovic could run a game for us like Ali B (probably due to Ali not having the legs by that stage of his career)and loads of player could not do. Loved watching how he’d just keep the ball and get it back until it was the right time to play the killer pass.

Really think Foden could take his own game to another level if he gets to play centrally more this season and can really kick on. His passing is very under rated and utilised as much as it can be whilst out wide. Also as we seen in the champs league final if he beats a man with skill centrally he can be in on goal more often.

Both incredible players and almost certainly the two best to ever play for us, but when it comes down to it Dave has provided me with more pleasure and I am basically in love with him.

David Silva. Both can control games but David Silva has the better control. Especially in tight spaces.

Everybody who worked with him in training said that he was ridiculous. They couldn’t get the ball off him.
Mind you, Vin said that Kev would do things in training, and he just couldn’t believe his eyes.
I sometimes wonder if people quite realise how lucky we’ve been with these two players.
Artists.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.