Keir Starmer

Yes there's a lot of whinging from the nutters on the far left that he's not trying to do batshit stupid stuff like nationalise the internet (an actual Corbyn policy)
No it wasn't, it was described that way by the lunatics at the Mail.

He wanted to make Broadband free across the country paid for by taxation. A sensible supply side reform that would have helped increase productivity.

As a far left "nutter" who would quite happily vote for the Communist Party over Starmer please get your facts right if you are going to criticise us on the "nutter" spectrum of politics.

No it wasn't, it was described that way by the lunatics at the Mail.

He wanted to make Broadband free across the country paid for by taxation. A sensible supply side reform that would have helped increase productivity.

As a far left "nutter" who would quite happily vote for the Communist Party over Starmer please get your facts right if you are going to criticise us on the "nutter" spectrum of politics.

We will never agree on politics.

Obviously not if you write stuff that is wrong in the first place, you made a statement based on the Daily Mails reporting of a policy, i corrected you with the actual policy and your reply is to say we will never agree.

That is typical of right wing Labour, they are quite happy to stand with the right wing media in order to bash the Left. The Labour right are just as culpable for this awful Tory government as the Tories are because they enabled them to seize power by misrepresenting the policies of the actual Labour party and using the party machinery to keep the left at bay in order to have another run at being Neo-Liberal Blairite wannabees.

Stopping "bat shit crazy" ideas like free Broadband was more important to the corporate interests of the Labour right than beating the Tories. Now the Labour right want to be Tories. Well they can fuck off for me, nothing changes and corporate interest prevails. Look at how many Labour MPs get funding from private healthcare companies. Pro austerity anti working class Reeves and that fucking idiot Streeting are two of them.

Obviously not if you write stuff that is wrong in the first place, you made a statement based on the Daily Mails reporting of a policy, i corrected you with the actual policy and your reply is to say we will never agree.

That is typical of right wing Labour, they are quite happy to stand with the right wing media in order to bash the Left. The Labour right are just as culpable for this awful Tory government as the Tories are because they enabled them to seize power by misrepresenting the policies of the actual Labour party and using the party machinery to keep the left at bay in order to have another run at being Neo-Liberal Blairite wannabees.

Stopping "bat shit crazy" ideas like free Broadband was more important to the corporate interests of the Labour right than beating the Tories. Now the Labour right want to be Tories. Well they can fuck off for me, nothing changes and corporate interest prevails. Look at how many Labour MPs get funding from private healthcare companies. Pro austerity anti working class Reeves and that fucking idiot Streeting are two of them.
You are between a rock and a hard plaice.
The only way a Labour Party will be taken seriously by the Electorate is if they persue centrist policies which will mean Tory ones with a different leader.
The tories they will also be trying to convince the Electorate we have listened and we have changed.
That means any changes in direction away from the centre will be around the edges by either Party.
You want to see radical left wing changes which aint going to happen.
Corbyn has already been there with disasterous consequences so it leaves you with no one to vote for that you would be happy with .

Nationalising the internet is a fairly run of the mill idea. Certainly if you consider Openreach the internet in the UK, then it's already a state condoned/regulated monopoly.

If it reached this stage of near monopoly on its own in the private sector, then it would almost certainly be broken up.

There's no knowing what the current Tories would do (as they've not really got any economic philosophy), but certainly any kind of mainstream market/capitalist based political party, would not leave the internet entirely to market forces.

Under his leadership Labour have just overturned the biggest ever majority at a by-election on record and are on track to cruise to a general election victory. While there isn't quite the euphoria of 1997 it's not far off.

Considering the car crash experiment of his predecessor I think he's doing an amazing job. Rachel Reeves needs to be given a lot of credit too. We need some actual sensible adults in the two great offices of state, given the wreck our economy is at the moment.

The caveat being my personal politics are towards the centre of centre-left and I haven't really felt any party have represented my views in recent years. I'll be proud to vote Labour in the next election under Starmer.

He's going to make an excellent PM.

Yes there's a lot of whinging from the nutters on the far left that he's not trying to do batshit stupid stuff like nationalise the internet (an actual Corbyn policy) but those people can go and join George Galloway in Russia or vote for the communist party.
I agree with you over the last few pages and most of that post^. But I do think nationalising broadband is a good idea. It’s a necessity for most of us now, especially those increasingly working from home, those who maybe don’t work from home but do run their business from home (tradesman, for example, using the social media to organise and advertise their business).

And it’s a ‘thing’ in South Korea:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.