Keir Starmer

I'm in total agreement, as per my post though - the risk of that is that the opposition can unhang themselves for the next election. You need to make some big moves while in government to keep them buried. Biden has done some good things in the US. I hope Starmer has big plans.
I don't see any way back for the Tories now. They're cooked.

Short of something mental like a hot war with Russia or some scandal that reveals Starmer to be the new Jimmy Savile, they're done.

Cheers. So it seems it’s just the proper staunch hard left who are not overly keen.

It's certainly not likely to be a great time to be coming into power, but the Tories have gone so far down the rabbit hole that the markets and most big financial institutions will probably welcome a Labour govt.

Tory economic policy has been batshit crazy for years now, without any real identifiable approach. Arguably, austerity was the last time they had a plan, and that was one that most economists decided was misguided fairly quickly.
It will, of course, depend on how they raise the funds and what they are going to spend it on.
If the spending is to fund unaffordable pay rises in the public sector or is seen as inflationary or done through borrowing it is highly likely to result in high interest rates.
What the markets don’t want to see happen is a boost in consumer spending at a time of full employment resulting in an increase in imports then a run on the £.
We should know better on specifics nearer the Election.

Cheers. So it seems it’s just the proper staunch hard left who are not overly keen.
You would have thought that they would have learned their lesson after Corbyn’s misfortune but I think they will resurrect if Starmer doesn’t, in their opinion, be radical enough.

You would have thought that they would have learned their lesson after Corbyn’s misfortune but I think they will resurrect if Starmer doesn’t, in their opinion, be radical enough.

A lot of them won’t be happy with anything short of Starmer cracking Jewish jokes in parliament and changing the Union Jack to a hammer and sickle.

Starving children

63d107a32300003200c4a95a.jpeg

Let's just say the child benefit issue has annoyed people across the party. And some of the stuff like being banned from being a candidate for talking about films with Ken Loach is pathetic (I'd say sinister but as sinister means left...)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.