Keir Starmer

Starmer and the Labour right wing treatment of Dianne Abbott is nothing short of disgusting.

You can smell that **** Akehurst all over it. denying local democracy and installing candidates against CLPs wishes is abominable. It is further evidence the left is being marginalised in a left wing party.

I hope she stands as an Independent and smashes it.
Her statement is worth sharing. Imagine the noise if this kind of shit went on when the jam man was in charge. The silence speaks volumes.

Her statement is worth sharing. Imagine the noise if this kind of shit went on when the jam man was in charge. The silence speaks volumes.

Is it worth sharing though? Abbott fucked up, apologised and then is surprised the leadership use it as an excuse to screw her over. I think it’s called politics. It ain’t nice, but let’s not pretend to be shocked and surprised or that it doesn’t work both ways as those who fell foul of the Corbyn camp will testify too.

In short, there are more important things to get worked up over than a routine political knifing.

As for Starmer and the EU, he wants closer ties and a better deal. Everyone does. What he will not be doing is saying anything that smacks of rejoining or admitting we will be a rule-taker. I mean, being a rule-taker may be the truth but no one is going to fucking admit it.

Is it worth sharing though? Abbott fucked up, apologised and then is surprised the leadership use it as an excuse to screw her over. I think it’s called politics. It ain’t nice, but let’s not pretend to be shocked and surprised or that it doesn’t work both ways as those who fell foul of the Corbyn camp will testify too.

In short, there are more important things to get worked up over than a routine political knifing.
I was referring more to the internal shenanigans within Hackney and the shutting down of local democracy to protect the associates of the noncey ex-councillor because he was 'one of the lads'.

Also from memory the only MPs who fell foul of the Corbyn camp were a couple of sex pests. As for getting worked up over nothing have you forgotten the hysterics in previous Labour threads.

We're so accustomed to politicians lying.

There clearly is a case for going back into the EU and Starmer knows it.

What he's saying with...

"I have repeatedly said that there's no case for going back into the EU"

Is...

"I have repeatedly lied that there's no case for going back into the EU"

It's his persistence and repetition of this lie that he wants us to take onboard, he wants us to know he's really committed to this lie, as opposed to the casual lies he tosses off on a daily basis.

What he's saying with...

Is...

It's his persistence and repetition of this lie that he wants us to take onboard, he wants us to know he's really committed to this lie, as opposed to the casual lies he tosses off on a daily basis.

I am not the kind of person who is always looking to poke holes in Starmer because lord knows he is better than the current shower but this sort of thing does hack me off.

To say re-joining the EU is “not the right thing/is not possible to do right now” for whatever reason is one thing, to say “there’s no case for it” is incredibly disingenuous. Of course there’s a fucking case for it. It’s the same case that led to us joining it in the 70s. Whether you agree with the case or not doesn’t mean there isn’t one.

What he's saying with...

Is...

I want us to go back into the EU but right now, with the tsunami of shit that resurrecting the whole brexit mess would bring, I'd say there is no case for us going back into the EU. Starmer is right on this one.

As for Starmer and the EU, he wants closer ties and a better deal. Everyone does. What he will not be doing is saying anything that smacks of rejoining or admitting we will be a rule-taker. I mean, being a rule-taker may be the truth but no one is going to fucking admit it.
I think where Starmer will eventually position us will be much truer to the vote in 2016, close as it was, and will hopefully have more regard and pay more respect to the 48% that voted to remain than the current abortion that we all have to endure.

It’s an absolute fucking disgrace that a vote that close has been allowed to translate into such a hard Brexit.

We should have left the EU, remained in the customs union etc.., and become, as you say, a rule taker.

Thst would have fairly and justly respected the will of the people. All this binary ‘winner takes all’ bullshit is divisive and wholly self-destructive.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.