Keir Starmer

It's quite simple if you don't vote Labour you get the Tories and 5 or 6 years of cruel and bad government, Austerity, Brexit, Corruption, Public Services close to collapse, I think some n the far left prefer protest to governing, I remember the last labour government and things in this country were far better and getting better

It's quite simple if you don't vote Labour you get the Tories and 5 or 6 years of cruel and bad government, Austerity, Brexit, Corruption, Public Services close to collapse, I think some n the far left prefer protest to governing, I remember the last labour government and things in this country were far better and getting better

The term limit is 5 isn't it?

We only need to look across the pond to realise the beneifts of choosing a steady, boring option rather than just caving in to the demented right wing.

How many times were we told that Biden was just another Neo-Lib who was not going to do anything and was just as bad as Trump? It's all we heard in 2020. We still hear it a lot today.

Biden has
- Halved childhood poverty

- Added 7m jobs, an all time record.

- Unemployment rate is the lowest ever.

- Tackled inflation head on with the inflation reduction act and curbed inflation better than any other western country.

- Started fixing the price of drugs on medicare, saving the taxpayers billions and making chronic conditions affordable.

- $1.2 Trillion infrastructure bill.

- Brought in the first federal firearms legislation this century.

- Placed over 100 federal judges.

- Repealed the DOMA - making it federal law for all states to recognise same sex marriages.

- CHIPS act. $52Bn investment into the US microchip industry to stop them being reliant on China and get rid of that leverage for Taiwan.

- Electoral Count Reform Act - makes it impossible for someone to try and attempt a coup like January 6 again.

He's trying very hard to cancel student debt, which would be the most significant and left wing piece of legislation passed in decades when he gets it through finally.

And he's rolled back a lot of the Trump era executive actions. 44 out of 219 so far. The muslim travel ban. Denying asylum to migrants fleeing gang and domestic violence. Withdrawing from the Paris accorrds. Withdrawing from NATO. Monitoring and reporting of chemical and oil spills.

The idea that a safe middle of the road candidate is bad is one of the most ridiculous lies of recent times. A Labour government will keep things steady and the more left wing members of the party will have the power to change things. If Starmer can accomplish half of what Biden has done, we'll be 10x better off under Labour than under the 2023 Conservatives.

I like him, and I think he will be good for the country after the years of Tory misrule and it appears I am not the only one
He's getting in unless he does something really fucking stupid.

Business like him, some of the right wing press like him.

I don't, but I'm in a minority and accept he maybe the adult in the room were crying out for.

Starmer will still win and get the PMship even with this infighting because the Tories are so shit, but it doesn't bode well for their first 4 years in power with the squabbling.

We only need to look across the pond to realise the beneifts of choosing a steady, boring option rather than just caving in to the demented right wing.

How many times were we told that Biden was just another Neo-Lib who was not going to do anything and was just as bad as Trump? It's all we heard in 2020. We still hear it a lot today.

Biden has
- Halved childhood poverty

- Added 7m jobs, an all time record.

- Unemployment rate is the lowest ever.

- Tackled inflation head on with the inflation reduction act and curbed inflation better than any other western country.

- Started fixing the price of drugs on medicare, saving the taxpayers billions and making chronic conditions affordable.

- $1.2 Trillion infrastructure bill.

- Brought in the first federal firearms legislation this century.

- Placed over 100 federal judges.

- Repealed the DOMA - making it federal law for all states to recognise same sex marriages.

- CHIPS act. $52Bn investment into the US microchip industry to stop them being reliant on China and get rid of that leverage for Taiwan.

- Electoral Count Reform Act - makes it impossible for someone to try and attempt a coup like January 6 again.

He's trying very hard to cancel student debt, which would be the most significant and left wing piece of legislation passed in decades when he gets it through finally.

And he's rolled back a lot of the Trump era executive actions. 44 out of 219 so far. The muslim travel ban. Denying asylum to migrants fleeing gang and domestic violence. Withdrawing from the Paris accorrds. Withdrawing from NATO. Monitoring and reporting of chemical and oil spills.

The idea that a safe middle of the road candidate is bad is one of the most ridiculous lies of recent times. A Labour government will keep things steady and the more left wing members of the party will have the power to change things. If Starmer can accomplish half of what Biden has done, we'll be 10x better off under Labour than under the 2023 Conservatives.

Unfortunately childhood poverty is back up again because the GOP and a conservative Senate Democrat did not extend the COVID child tax credit but your point still stands.

Are they enough left or at least left of center MPs in Labour to push Starmer like Bernie Sanders and the SQUAD did with Biden?

Starmer will still win and get the PMship even with this infighting because the Tories are so shit, but it doesn't bode well for their first 4 years in power with the squabbling.
What squabbling? I thought Starmer had purged the party of anybody who would go against him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.