Keir Starmer

Personally I’d rather a leader who made a minor overcorrection and supports Israeli defence than a communist who shared platforms with Hamas and the IRA and is a Russia apologist who wanted to scrap the UK’s nuclear defence infrastructure at a time of increasing geopolitical instability.

Just for a bit of context like.
I'm guessing you've voted for the tories more times than you voted for labour?

I’m with you, I just don’t get it.

Maybe I’m not close enough to it but I’m struggling to find anything he’s said that’s in any way controversial.

In the interview he bungles his answer and then qualifies it with “obviously, everything should be done within international law”. That’s a pretty fucking important part of his statement. Yet all the clips I’ve seen online, including ones shared on this thread, seem to strategically cut out this very important piece of information. And now people seem to be just pretending he never said it.

So where is the part where he’s tacitly advocating war crimes, collective punishment and genocide? At worst I can say his delivery of his position was muddled and poor but let’s be straight… saying “Israel has a right to defend itself within the confines of international law” is a world away from advocating the deaths of children. The former is exactly the same position as basically every world leader.

Like I said I just don’t get it. Maybe somebody can point out the error of my ways.
There are plenty of twitter users producing videos misrepresenting Labour politicians - often clipping a single half quote from an interview suggesting one thing, when the full interview says exactly the opposite. There's a strain of left wingers who think Corbyn was misrepresented so badly, they think it's fair game to do the same with Starmer and Labour now, which I find sadly ironic.

Ali Milani, member of the Muslim Labour network just on sky now as the organiser of the letter 150 fellow Muslim members have co signed saying how offended and upset they are by the stance and words of Sir Kier.

Imagine my surprise when his own tweets where discussed including one that states Israel has no right to exist along with another tweet that was clearly antisemitic.

Of course he explains them away as mistakes and he is embarrassed by them but sorry, not buying it.

This couldn’t be revenge on a leader who has made it clear, antisemitism and those that hold those views are not welcome in the party could it?

I'm guessing you've voted for the tories more times than you voted for labour?

With your guessing skills I wouldn’t play the lottery.

I’m a Labour voter and was a paying member of the party until Corbyn got in.

I voted Lib Dem during that period and will be proud to vote for Starmer next year.

My politics lean to the centre.

Ali Milani, member of the Muslim Labour network just on sky now as the organiser of the letter 150 fellow Muslim members have co signed saying how offended and upset they are by the stance and words of Sir Kier.

Imagine my surprise when his own tweets where discussed including one that states Israel has no right to exist along with another tweet that was clearly antisemitic.

Of course he explains them away as mistakes and he is embarrassed by them but sorry, not buying it.

This couldn’t be revenge on a leader who has made it clear, antisemitism and those that hold those views are not welcome in the party could it?

The right of a state to exist isn't a concept in law.

People have the right to self-determination not states.

He is an antisemite.

I couldn’t give a rats arse about him, his faux embarrassment and apology or his letter tbh.

Keir is right to rid these people from the party.

It's not a concept. So not recognising it isn't anti-semitic.

You are aware that the Israelis don't recognise the same right for Palestinians?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.