Keir Starmer

He owned Oxted Tool Co. Which had its own tool making workshop. Before you get nitpicking “factory” is the word Starmer uses.
Disingenuous bollocks.
By all accounts Starmer’s father was a sole trader trading as the “Oxted Tool Company”. There’s no record of that company at Companies House. As for having his own workshop/factory there’s nothing credible to suggest he had anything more than a garden shed and a van and he did contract work in local factories.

Disingenuous bollocks.
By all accounts Starmer’s father was a sole trader trading as the “Oxted Tool Company”. There’s no record of that company at Companies House. As for having his own workshop/factory there’s nothing credible to suggest he had anything more than a garden shed and a van and he did contract work in local factories.

Well it was a workshop on an industrial site.

Disingenuous bollocks? Aye it’s that alright.

Anything you want to say about the video?

Strange take.

Journalists aren’t asking Labour to rule out major tax increases, they are asking if Labour are ruling out major tax increases.

And necessarily, if they are ruling out major tax increases and given the benchmark of the March OBR forecast, then significant cuts to non-protected departmental budgets and/or welfare will result. One follows the other.

No amount of waffle from Starmer about running the CPS and ‘no return to austerity’ will change the fundamentals.

If anything I think Labour have had an easy ride from the press on this issue so far. In fact I think that the SNP’s line about a conspiracy of silence around spending cuts is about the only thing that’s gained any traction on the issue, and it takes a lot for me to give them any credit.

That's nothing to do with the post I made, which is strange.

While there are more complicated questions about the state of the economy that all the parties seem to be ignoring, this is about something different. I'm also not suggesting Labour are being picked on. Obviously they're hot favourites, so it matters what they plan to do, and I expect difficult questions.

The point is basic - this simplistic line of questioning ends up creating hostages to fortune, that limit what any Government can do.

Labour have been specifically asked if they'll increase VAT, Income Tax, National Insurance, CGT, Council Tax. Not complicated questions - just yes/no, with the implied "correct" answer apparently being no.

Now they're being asked if they'll make "any cuts to public services", which is a nonsensically simplistic question.

It's not a Labour specific thing - it's no good for any party.

Disingenuous bollocks.
So you don’t have any facts to back up your argument, but you’re sure you’re correct?

Sounds about right.

Well it was a workshop on an industrial site.

Disingenuous bollocks? Aye it’s that alright.

Anything you want to say about the video?
I found just one reference on an online forum to a workshop on an industrial site that he supposedly rented.

If there is anything credible that suggests he ran a company with its own premises please post a link.

Until then I’m calling bollocks. All the available evidence suggests he was a sole trader who did contract jobs in a factory.

There’s no facts to suggest he was anything more than a sole trader. If there are post a link.

Again, straight out of the post-Johnson Tory playbook.

Lie, then when people say you're lying, demand they go to great lengths proving you lied, while they do nothing to justify their original claim.

I found just one reference on an online forum to a workshop on an industrial site that he supposedly rented.

If there is anything credible that suggests he ran a company with its own premises please post a link.

Until then I’m calling bollocks. All the available evidence suggests he was a sole trader who did contract jobs in a factory.

So you don’t want to talk about the video? Colour me shocked.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.